Orange sarracenia

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

Orange sarracenia ?

There are some plants that have copper / orange type colour at the top of the trap, But not a full orange colour like the fruit.

There are a few crosses which has almost orange colour flowers, but yet again I would not call them a full orange as they are three main colours in the sarracenia family " red, yellow & yellow green ". But with so many crosses and with the place a plant is placed with the right light, heat, water, you may see a real orange colour.

There are many other Insectivorous plants which have orange flowers.

This is a pic of the most orange Sarracenia that I have ever seen:

OrangeSunset2.jpg

I assure you that the pics haven't been tampered with. For one I don't have a program to do that and for another I wouldn't know how to use it if I did!! It is a Readii called "Orange Sunset". It is in the US though and not easy to find. Only a handful of people have it.

Edited by bucky78

Excuse me friends,Do you know the name of an orange(...orange not red) tall sarracenia witch i can buy easily?

Have an happy new year.

Hi,

I think you refer to the sister plant of the brooks hybrid, a Sarracenia x moorei, the SH47 from my collection (H42 from Mike King) This plant is orange (little reddish) when given enough sunlight:

SH47.JPG

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...