What's your favourite VFT cultivar?

mobile

I really like 'Red Piranha' because it is an all red variety (I love the reds) and it has dente teeth. Both of those characteristics make it different than the typical VFT. There are so many clones out there that are hard to distinguish from a typical at first glance.

You are correct about these cultivars. Most look so similar that they dont deserve a separate name. I bet if most were grown side by side in exactly the same conditions you wouldnt be able to tell them apart after a few months. However, there are a few deserving of an individual name. I like the Akai Ryu, common now, but a classic that has not yet been matched. Another that I like, that is very different and does not look like a deformed mutant (wacky traps, fused tooth etc that should be destroyed) is the cudo. Shame someone cant produce a giant version of this.

Edited by mantrid

You think Cudo doesnt look like a deformed mutant! Its one of the stranger ones for me and I like the ones like fused tooth and wacky traps - atleast you'll never mistake them for anything else. So many in my collection that weren't worth collecting.

So hard to choose a favourite though - I think mine change weekly :thanks: Currently faves include microdents, gold strike, wacky traps and the fused petiole forms (red fused petiole, crocodile, korrigans)

Heather

You think Cudo doesnt look like a deformed mutant! Its one of the stranger ones for me and I like the ones like fused tooth and wacky traps - atleast you'll never mistake them for anything else. So many in my collection that weren't worth collecting.

So hard to choose a favourite though - I think mine change weekly :thumbsup: Currently faves include microdents, gold strike, wacky traps and the fused petiole forms (red fused petiole, crocodile, korrigans)

Heather

I agree that for me Cudo belongs in the deformed mutant group with wacky traps and fused tooth, but I like all of those plants as well. Unfortunately the only one I grow is Fused Tooth. I'd love to get my hands on Wacky Traps and Cudo though.

Which plants in your collection are the ones you would recommend skipping Heather? I'm trying to build my collection and wondering which plants I should go after first. Many of the plants you have listed here as your current favorites are near the top of my list.

Another plant that was mentioned that I'd love to get my hands on is the Bohemian Garnet. I wish I lived in the EU. There really isn't an easy way to get many of the most interesting clones over here in the US.

Which plants in your collection are the ones you would recommend skipping Heather?

I've done a quick scan through my list of vfts and I've put *'s next to the better clones, there are some others that will probably get a * later on but need to grow them on a bit before deciding how much I like them, some are still too small to show their potential too. There are many that look quite typical and while I do really like my typicals I have far too many that look too similar, also have quite a lot with dentate teeth. Feel free to email me if you want more information on any clones :thumbsup:

Ofcourse its worth remembering opinions are very personal things and while I may not think some are these clones are that worthy some others will no doubt love them!

Heather

I agree with Marek - do all G16s look so good?

I am rather fond of green clones, but none of mine are the dark green I really would like to see. Favorite must go to a very dark red with piranha teeth I just got from Christian.

Kevan

Your clone G16 is AWSOME!

I agree with Marek - do all G16s look so good?

Kevan

it's a great clone, large traps, very vigorous, good colour in full sun. Deservedly popular....

mind you G14 is even darker, but more upright

clockwise from top G14, DM08 large all green, G16

3100137738_d1e89d7763_o.jpg

dammit, I like them all (except wacky traps of course...)

Edited by gardenofeden