Australian CP Soc _ an apology!

Kevan

Sincere apologies for maligning the Australian CP Soc.

I paid the 'Australasian CP Soc' in July and have no word from several attempts to contact.

Many thanks to Donny of the ACPS for contacting me to offer to sort out the subscription - but not you I am afraid.

Maybe I should have joined your society instead.

If anyone knows of the Australasian soc can they let me know how to contct them - via their website dosen't seem to work.

Kevan

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a problem with this society? I paid a subscription via Paypal months ago, have contacted them via the website, but have had no communication. No e-mails no post, nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevan

Edited by Kevan

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Kevan, I was registered on the site as a user but had a password issue - I also tried to contact somebody there in November - No answer yet. Sorry to say, but you might have to kiss your paid subscription goodbye and find a more professional society to join.

Hi Linton,

Worst news is that I contacted PayPal to tell them that the organisation was not supplying the goods, and that new people were paying even now into something they will never see benefit from. PayPal were useless, they simply replied that, since I had cancelled my subscription, I could rest assured that the organisation would not be sent any more of my money.

There was no sense that PayPal is being used as a conduit to funnel money somewhere and that someone has that money under false pretence.

Be warned folks - not every thing is as it seems! If you have paid this soc recently you can get a refund from PayPal, if you act within 40 days.

That I should live so long and know so little!!

Kevan

• 3 months later...

UPDATE

I looked again at the website for this society. They are ahving meetings, publishing a magazine, new members sayin 'Hi' - but I cannot get a pee out of them. Is it all made up, like some elaborate sting?

Has anyone EVER had a reply from these guys?

Frustarated, but not giving up,

Kevan

Hi Linton,

Worst news is that I contacted PayPal to tell them that the organisation was not supplying the goods, and that new people were paying even now into something they will never see benefit from. PayPal were useless, they simply replied that, since I had cancelled my subscription, I could rest assured that the organisation would not be sent any more of my money.

There was no sense that PayPal is being used as a conduit to funnel money somewhere and that someone has that money under false pretence.

Be warned folks - not every thing is as it seems! If you have paid this soc recently you can get a refund from PayPal, if you act within 40 days.

That I should live so long and know so little!!

Kevan

• 8 months later...

With-the-SECOND Aussie-Goverment 'STIMULUS'-Packet, and Thinking How-"I"-Could Help-out BOTH Myself & Australia During The GEC [Global-Economic-Crisis] ... "I"-Took-OUT R-DECADE-Membership of The-Australasian-Carnivorous-Plant-Society ... with The-Intent of Joining The-Victorian for-R Similar-Term ... with The-Anticipated THIRD-Stimulus that, Unfortunately, Never-Eventuated.

I-Was-of The-Understanding that-There-were 3:"CARNIFLORA-AUSTRALIS's" Issued Per-Annum but as-of Mid-DECEMBER 2000-&-9 and Heading 'Rapidly' Towards-Christmas, ... The-Period of Good-Will & Giving ... Either Journals R Going-Astray or I've 'Done'-The-Goverment's-Dough so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

JESSICA 'Did'-Have R-HIP-Operation Earlier-ON in-The-Year ... so Perhaps 'Thart's Put-R-HICCUP in-The-Works, so-to-Speak and I'm Going to-Recieve R-BUMPER Package Nearer Christmas-Eve ... that'll Take Until My-George-Washington Birthday in February to-Consume & Digest!!!???

Any-Word from-'Greg' or Someone-else ... Similarly high-UP in-The-Society Would-be Most-Welcomed, Reassuring & Helpful, I-Guess.

I doubt you will receive a response from any of the Australasian CPS committee members as I don't believe that any of them frequent here. A better option would be a message on the forum on their website.

I also thought that they only produced 2 journals per year.

Edited by Sean Spence

Hi kevan,

I am in contact with the australasian cp society,

I will forward your concerns to them.

They are fairly active, and it is a reasonably good website,and has some very good people running it. You can get the journals free to download, I think.

Darren O

R, ... Well if-It's ONLY Two-Journals-R-Year ... Then 'Thart' Might-Explain The-6-Months 'GAP'.

Had-"I" 'Known'-This, in-Hindsight, ... Perhaps It-Would-Have-been 'Wiser' [Considering Value-for-Money / Eagerness-for-Information] to-Have First Joined The-Victorian-Society ... Since 'They' Have THREE-Journals-R-Year ... and from Past-Experience R Very-'Regular' with-Their Postings!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

I-'Suppose' It-Could've-been-Worst ... The GEC Could-have Wiped-Them-out!? >(*~*)<

Anyway 'Hopefully' I'll-Get 'Something' in-The-Post by Christmas to-CHEER-Me-UP if AVATAR Turns-out 'Not'-to-Be The-NEW Star-Wars, ... Everyone's Tauting-it to-Be, I-Guess!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

Thanks for Offering to-Relay The-Information-ON, Fellas.

Had-"I" 'Known'-This, in-Hindsight, ... Perhaps It-Would-Have-been 'Wiser' [Considering Value-for-Money / Eagerness-for-Information] to-Have First Joined The-Victorian-Society ... Since 'They' Have THREE-Journals-R-Year

The VCPS actually produces 4 journals per year.

Greetings to you all. I am the editor of Carniflora Australis and Vice President of the Australasian CPS. I have just been informed of this thread. There must be a serious problem with the contact through the society web site as I had absolutely no idea of the above making contact with us. I have sent a message to our webmaster in order to have this rectified.

In the interim, can those who have payed and not received their journals contact me directly at [email protected] with details of payment and postal address so I can forward journals immediately.

Our journals do come out only twice a year but unlike others they are 32 pages of full colour. I wont comment on the quality because I've been the editor for over 10 years so probably not my place to do so. We do however take pride in being able to bring you material of significance rather than repatition. eg. Our last issue contained the description of Nepethes bokorensis.

We also produce a free (to web members not financial members) full colour newsletter which is downloadable from the website.

Our September 2009 issue is at the printers now so apologies for the lateness of this one. but I really wanted to hold it back pending some interesting information.

Kind regards

Greg

I've just read the rest of the posting on this thread.

I really don't understand why the Australian societies hate each other so much. They should work together and produce 4 spectacular journals per year.

Whenever I get an enquiry from interstate I point them in the direction of the local society in order to aid local groups to grow. I think everyone should be a member of the ICPS as well as at least one local group. I personally am a member of the VCPS (Victorian) but no longer a member of the ACPS (south Australian) and try to assist them when I can. I would still be a member of the ACPS if it produced a journal and I would gladly write for them too.

Richard (Davion), we could go back to 4 journals per year but the overwhelming consensis was for full colour journals rather that B/W. Unfortunately they cost a lot of $. That's why we went for the 4 free newsletters online to give everyone more of an update on what's going on and remove all these repetative ads from the journal leaving the high calibre articles for the journal. That way you get 32 pages of full colour goodness. Would you prefer B/W

I'm sorry I'm not on the forum every day but unfortunately I'm extremely busy. I don't know how Sean does it. He's a real trooper. Seriously Sean, when do you sleep?

Anyway, that's probably the last chance I'll get to post here for the year. I wish you all a great new year. I'll try to get on here more next year.

Kind Regards

Greg Bourke

[email protected]

Hi Greg,

I really don't understand why the Australian societies hate each other so much. They should work together and produce 4 spectacular journals per year.

I hope nothing that I said came across that way. I said awhile ago that I fully agree with the concept of producing a combined journal from a combined society. It never goes down well when brought up at local meetings though.

I'm sorry I'm not on the forum every day but unfortunately I'm extremely busy. I don't know how Sean does it. He's a real trooper. Seriously Sean, when do you sleep?

Regarding time spent on here, I don't spend anywhere near the amount I once did. I still check in several times in the evening though for a short period. It will be even more difficult now with the arrival of our 4th child this week.

IMG_3927JPG-35-RESIZED.jpg

FOUR!!!

Bloody-Hell ... That's 'Almost': "CATH'LIC"!!! I-Think You-Should Stick to Giving The-Ol'-Wife Daleks from Now-on!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

I've-'Had' R-Quick Rumage-round The-House ... &-Apparently What JESSICA Sent-Me in-Late March was Last-Year's September-Issue ... Although The Nepenthes-Bokoensis Name 'Sounds' Rather-Familiar ... but-Perhaps that's Because-it Was Mentioned in The-Newsletter as Coming in-The-Next-Issue!!!??? If-it Took-UP Half-an-Issue Then Perhaps I-'Do' Have-it ... but Your Website FRONT-Cover, Photo-Page Last-Night was Incomplete ... so-I-Couldn't 'CHECK', Unfortunately ... though You 'Might'-be-Able to Jog My-Memory on Other Items in BOKO-Issue - Which Would Save-You Posting a Superfluous-Copy if-"I" do-'Actually' Have-it ... but with 6-months or More Between Issues &-R Poor-Memory at The Best-of-Times and The-Fact I-Parked My-Reciept in-R-Safe-Place, I-Ought to-Be-forgiven for Any Oversight.

As-to-Quality ... I-can't 'Fault'-You on-'Thart' ... though I-Must-Admit I-Instinctively Noted an Instant Weight-Difference between The-South-African INDICA-(Drosera-alba >(*U^)<)-Issue of 2006 and SEPTEMBER 2008, During The-Rumage.

Not-Being R NEPENTHES-Legend I-don't Mine The 'Historical'-Articles ... but Species-for-Species Sake-Ones Do-Get-R-Little-Tedious ... but-"I" Understand that There-R Probably Members Out-THERE that Absolutely Drool-over These ... so I-Let The-Issue 'Slide'.

Yes, ... Quarzite-Sand is very-Int'resting-stuff ... 'Not' The-INERT Soil-Extender We-All 'Thought'-it-Was!!!

Yes, ... Very-Merry Christmas to You & Your Two-Boys

The Web problem has been fixed so we can be contacted via the website now.

I haven't received anything from Kevan at my email yet. The Paypal transaction was received on 28/11/09 Kevan not July so I''m not sure what the problem is there! I could post a copy of this but as it would be impossible to prove its authenticity I can't see the point. Either way, you receive a years subscription from the date you payed so the journals will be forwarded when produced.

Davion, Unless you've moved you should have the journal as it was certainly posted. But as you are a long time member I will send another copy. I personally suggested life membership for your contribution but unfortunately I'm only one member of the committee.

Good luck with number 4 Sean. 2 is enough for me. One porter for my food and one for the camera gear.

Cheers

Greg

Greg,

What a surprise and pleasure to hear from you.

I had written off the money and forgoten about the society.

I am happy to keep the subscription going and look forward to reading what looks like a very good mag.

I have no idea what is happening with Paypal, there isn't any activty showing for payment to your society for any of the past 9 months. So long as you have the money that's fine with me though.

Best wishes

Kevan

Greetings to you all. I am the editor of Carniflora Australis and Vice President of the Australasian CPS. I have just been informed of this thread. There must be a serious problem with the contact through the society web site as I had absolutely no idea of the above making contact with us. I have sent a message to our webmaster in order to have this rectified.

In the interim, can those who have payed and not received their journals contact me directly at [email protected] with details of payment and postal address so I can forward journals immediately.

Our journals do come out only twice a year but unlike others they are 32 pages of full colour. I wont comment on the quality because I've been the editor for over 10 years so probably not my place to do so. We do however take pride in being able to bring you material of significance rather than repatition. eg. Our last issue contained the description of Nepethes bokorensis.

We also produce a free (to web members not financial members) full colour newsletter which is downloadable from the website.

Our September 2009 issue is at the printers now so apologies for the lateness of this one. but I really wanted to hold it back pending some interesting information.

Kind regards

Greg

Although, ... I've 'Got'-R-Handle on The Second-Organism [Zincuprea-cinnabarelegans] ie It's Requirement for-ZINC [Australia is-R Major-Exporter of-ZINC and PERTH-Sands R-Reknown to-be 'Rich'-in-It] and R-Tentative but-Firm Understanding of The Iron-Cycle Associated with-These Coastal-Plain, 'Gley'-Podzolic-Soils &-How to-Get to IRON-IV Which-IS 'Apparently' What-They're After in-These Soils; Matching-Experimentally What-is Occurring Naturally at My-Own: "Field-River, Glade-Bog", HERE in-South-Australia ... LIFE-Membership will Only-Come with-R Coordinated Approach & Solution to The Problem of Growing-CPs.

I-'Think' an Eyeopening-Experiment with Quartzite-Sand is The-'Best'-Way to Draw-People into The-Discussion ... and Then to Repeat-it Again, but This-time, ... with BEACH-Sand. This Might-be The-Best Way or Approach to Lead-Everyone-in to The Australian-Solution and as-to-Why We-R The One-Continent on The-Planet with The-MOST-CPs.

I-Think We've Taken SAND for-Granted for-too-Long in-This-Country ... and as-an X-SANDGROPER ... I'm-Probably Doubl'e'ly-Guilty of This, I-Would Suggest!!! >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

Just 'Jog' My-Memory on The Non-BOKO-stuff in The BOKO-Issue or 'Show'-Me an-Image of The FRONT-Cover of The-Issue and-"I" Ought to-be Able to Say, Yeh-or-Nay, as-Whether It's Gone-under My-Gaze or-Not in The Past-9-Months or-so.

Whatever ... It-Would Just-be-'Nice' to Get-some Reading-Material over-Christmas.

My Fathrer's-Day Present This-Year Was My-Son 'Finding' Glanduligera (32-Plants at Last-Count by End-of-Season) on The-Property ... on-Soil I-Had Set-UP Four-Seasons-ago and-Had Given-UP Looking-ON. So Better-Late than-Never and They're More-Usefully than Just-for Carrying-Stuff as-They Get Older!!! >(*U^)<

• 2 months later...

I've Been very Liberal-Minded with-Them ... for The-Problem with the-Website Appeared-to-Be as-Challenging as-The-Flytrap, Itself ... and-"I" Assume It's-Had The-Webmaster UP Late-into-The-Night Trying to-Fix-it ... Since it-was one-of-Those Robbie-The-Robert / Forbidden-Planet Conflict-of-Issues Kind'a' Thing Saying I-Was & Wasn't R-Member at-The-Same-Time Sort-of-Thing.

I-Found The Discovery of Presumptive NOSTOC Colonies Around The-Crowns of Helis Ptari-Tepui, in The Latest-Journal [Volume-7 No-2, September 2009] Quite-Interesting as-Well-as Greg's Experiments with Live-&-Dead-Prey ON The-Three-Sisters Eye-Opening if-Not Illuminating ... though Everything HERE is-Pointing to-The-Fact that BORON is The Overarching-Element Controlling ALL-Growth in CPs in-General ... and-that The Glauceous-Blue of Drosera-gigantea in The-Wild is Somehow Related-to-This Such-that a BLUE-Flytrap is 'Still' Not-off The-Table Theorectically, so-to-Speak.