Sign in to follow this  
jimothy

First Kew Visit

Hi all,

might be leaving it a bit late, but on Saturday, as a birthday treat, my other half is taking me to Kew for the day. this will be my first visit, and I don't expect to be able to see everything, so was wondering what bits you'd say fell into the "not to be missed" category...

cheers,

Jim

Hi Jim

I'd have to say the Palm House and the Princess of Wales Conservatory - but they're hard to miss! You'll find most of the CPs in the latter, but there are a few neps scattered around the other greenhouses too. The whole place is amazing, so allow yourself lots of time, and enjoy!

PS Have always had a soft spot for the rediscovered Wollemi Pine, which the dinosaurs one ate. They keep it in a cage.

Yes, they're great. Unfortunately, I think a some of those were taken on an open day, and show houses which are not normally open to the publc. :thumbsup:

just wear a green T-shirt and no-one will notice you! :thumbsup:

Hi

Find that the idea that our plants are doing great at Kew good and as person that gave them dozen of plants for the collection, as in the 1980's Kew lost lots of there plants and they did not have staff to care for them, but they are know doing good and I like that they are making many copies to send to other gardens around the world. and that seed is add the great seed bank for our kids to see one day.

See this page for more photos and some text.

http://www.insectivorousplants.co.uk/growing3kew.html