CPs in Cornwall, Bodmin

I will be going to Bodmin in Cornwall with my parents this year, so one of the attractions we will be visiting will be The Eden Project. Apart from that I hope to see some CPs living around the area.

Last year after I went to somewhere in Devon, I didn't really get a chance to go looking for them, as my boring sister wanted to do other things, so I only got search for half an hour out of an entire weeks holiday. I hope I can have at least an hour looking around this year!

Please can you point me in the right direction for searching for CPs in my area, feel free to PM me details

Hi Steeevoe

I can't give you any precise locations, but species common to the area are:

Drosera anglica

Drosera intermedia

Drosera rotundifolia

Hybrids of the above

Pinguicula lusitanica

possibly Pinguicula vulgaris

possibly Pinguicula grandiflora

Utricularia minor

possibly other species of Utric as well.

I don't think that you will have any problems finding them!

Cheers

Andy

ps - might be worth giving Derek Clavell-Bate a PM, he is just outside Launceston and has one of the largest CP collections in England.

Be sure to take your camera with you :tu: it would be nice to see some piccies of our native cps............if you manage to find some that is!!

Good luck with the hunt.....

Heather

I-'Think' You'll Have to Give-Us a Heads-up 'History' of This 'EDEN'-Area & "Project" in Your Forthcoming-Post Since-I Live in-Australia which-is Only an Ozone-Hole-away from Antartica. >(*U^)<

Ok, thankyou for the pointers. Bodmin moor would be a gret place as it can't be too far away from where we are staying! I have PM'd Derek Clavell-Bate so I hope I can visit his collection too! I'll make sure I don't forget my camera!