ID please? - Nepenthes from garden centre

Guest Kevin Delaplace

Guest Kevin Delaplace

Hello :bad:

I 'found' this nice Nepenthes, a hybrid I suppose. It comes from the local garden centre and was labeled as Nepenthes alata... (But that isn't correct...)

It seems to be growing fast and pitchering very well (windowsill north-east).

Can anyone ID this one?

nepe1.JPG

nepe2.JPG

nepe3.JPG

Thx,

Kevin

Guest Kevin Delaplace

This plant sure looks like it! Any other info about it?

I have a Rebecca Soper as well and the inside of the pitchers is not 'speckled' for the Rebecca Soper. This one has speckles at the inside of the pitcher.

There were only two of these plants and as I had never seen them before at the garden centre, I took it home :smile: They were 3 euro :thanks:

Edited by Kevin Delaplace

Guest Kevin Delaplace
Wow

thats a bit of a find for a garden centre??

Bye for now Julian

I liked it too :shock:

Hmm what plant do you mean by 'jungle bells'. Never saw it around here?

I still think it could be N. x Rebecca Soper. This hybrid is regularly available from all sorts of garden centres right the way across Europe. It is far more likely to be this than any other hybrid.

Cheers

Andy

Are you sure you mean "Jungle Bells"? More likely to be ventricosa x inermis which does look very similar.

There is a garden centre near my parents that often has in Nepenthes hybrids labelled as 'Jungle Bells' but given garden centre track record for wrongly labelling these plants, I wouldn't like to say it definately was :nuke:

Guest Kevin Delaplace
I still think it could be N. x Rebecca Soper. This hybrid is regularly available from all sorts of garden centres right the way across Europe. It is far more likely to be this than any other hybrid.

Cheers

Andy

I have a N. x Rebecca Soper with big pitchers. The pitchers are kind of different I most say. Like sayed above, the "inner wall" of the pitchers is not spotted with the 'Rebecca'. This one is spotted at the inside :D

The garden centre I bought it, has lots of small N. x hookeriana (sometimes bigger plants). They also regulary have N. 'Miranda', 'Rebecca Soper' and 'ventrata'. They always have big plants of the last ones, never small plants.

I'll just leave it unnamed and see how it grows out :nuke:

Edited by Kevin Delaplace