Pitcher buds gone!

SamInLondon

I've just come back after the hot weekend to find that several of the pitcher buds on my N. ventricosa x inermis vine have just disappeared - I presume dropped off :biggrin: . I have it on a SSEf-facing windowsill that gets sun until about 2 pm.

Does this sounds like a reaction to too much heat, too much sunlight or both? The plants seems healthy enough otherwise, and the other neps nearby seem OK.

Gone?

Really gone? from the tendril? not just withered?

No, I mean literally gone from the tendril. It's as if someone came along and pinched them off. I can't see any signs of infestation - apart, that is, from the little silver insects that seem to like to the moss. I haven't seen them on the plant itself, and when I posted a few months ago to ask if they were bad news no one threw their hands up in horror.

Perhaps I should repot? Hmmmm.

No slug trails, no nieces :tu:

I should add that it's on the windowsill in the office, and it hasn't pitchered since spring. We don't have air-con, but perhaps the air's just too dry? I have noticed that in the past some tendrils went a sort of grey colour and aborted. I'm mystified, especially since it's supposed to be an easy hybrid. Two other ventricosa hybrids nearby are putting out pitchers like there's no tomorrow.