URGENT questions about vft's virus!

Melly

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Havent had a chance to have a look yet, might be similar products here hopefully. I've just ordered a load of moss as repotting most vfts into this now anyway, just not sure how they'll do in winter with the moss.

Might be rules on importing this kind of stuff though??

EDIT-

I have found this:

http://www.totalweedcontrol.com/shop/produ...68d34a147c94557

You did well to find this-well done!

Chlorpyrifos is a organophosphate insecticide, primarily used in agriculture. I would imagine that its use as a garden insecticide is either restricted or banned within the UK.

Ah, does this mean I shouldnt buy it (from a UK source) or use it then?? I know if thats the case its shouldnt be imported. I'm guessing its atleast restricted as it was pretty hard to find anything! It would be safe to use though, right? Getting a tad worried about all these chemicals, may have a little one next year so would rather play it safe...... :smile:

Congrats lj, : ) have you thought of a name?

Not quite there yet Gary.......but may be next year. Hope you manage to find something else for your leatherjacket problem - I did try come across various other products out there for this but with different ingredients.

Personally I would play it safe and not use it. Organophosphates have been linked with svereal health problems including alzheimers and problems in children, so why take the risk?

Sounds like its one that should probably be avoided then, think I'd rather play it safe too. Back to the original plan of just using live moss for my vfts until I get the fungus gnats under control.

Toimeme - do let us know how you get on with your virus problem.....

this is product that i use

http://www.kbjardin.com/page.php?rub=3&idproduit=23

i found it in supermarket, and i think you can have same in england, italy or european supermarket

a couple of news leaves appears on my drac and my locuhapates, and they look normal, no discolourations.

To soon to said if it works definitivly , i'm waiting for more results.

Edited by toimeme

this is product that i use

http://www.kbjardin.com/page.php?rub=3&idproduit=23

i found it in supermarket, and i think you can have same in england, italy or european supermarket

a couple of news leaves appears on my drac and my locuhapates, and they look normal, no discolourations.

To soon to said if it works definitivly , i'm waiting for more results.

The product you use contains Myclobutanil same as "Fungus Fighter" .My plant gets another spray tomorrow,that might do ,as it's looking much better already after just one treatment.

• 3 weeks later...

i spayed my plants 3/4 times, every 15 days, on louchapates and dracula news leaves arrived, healthy in first but now there is some discolorations again, i 'll buy some dithane, another product, if it 'll doesn't work i throw all plant that have this problem, some big pot, i have more than 20 mature uk sawtooth2 infected, it spread quickly here,last years i received single contamined plants and now i have more than 20 different plant with problem.

only my rare plants are save.

i also have some benlate one fungus fighter, perhaps i'll can try with this.

Edited by toimeme

i spayed my plants 3/4 times, every 15 days, on louchapates and dracula news leaves arrived, healthy in first but now there is some discolorations again, i 'll buy some dithane, another product, if it 'll doesn't work i throw all plant that have this problem, some big pot, i have more than 20 mature uk sawtooth2 infected, it spread quickly here,last years i received single contamined plants and now i have more than 20 different plant with problem.

only my rare plants are save.

i also have some benlate one fungus fighter, perhaps i'll can try with this.

My own plant is looking very much better after just two treatments of "Fungus Fighter" at two weekly intervals. As Gary posted earlier, he was succesfull also in the same way. However you say it has spread to other plants. That's a major concern, you have to stop it spreading-I'm glad your best plants are safe.

But you sprayed what peter ? vft ?

do you have picts of your seek vft(if it's vft )i'm not sure you have same problems like me.

I haven't got same fungus fighter, i have one with myclobutanyl but it doesn't works on my plant, yesterdday i sprayed some benlate on my plants, normally it's a strong fungus fighter.

But you sprayed what peter ? vft ?

do you have picts of your seek vft(if it's vft )i'm not sure you have same problems like me.

I haven't got same fungus fighter, i have one with myclobutanyl but it doesn't works on my plant, yesterdday i sprayed some benlate on my plants, normally it's a strong fungus fighter.

It's the same VFT plant that I posted pictures of earlier (page 4) ,though I must say when you posted your pictures the problem looked different. I hope you cure it, keep us updated.

I'm sending you a PM about something else-the news will cheer you up :biggrin: .

• 2 weeks later...

myclobutanyl don't works here, some white appears again on my louchapates and dracula, and also royale red etc, ut spread on many adult plant.

I sprayed myclobutanyl and fungus fighter every 15 jours last 3 month and nothing, in first leaves appears normal but some day after discoloraton appears...

i try to find some clorotalonil or some mancobzeb(dithane) but i don't find some in france, 'im very very sad....

i don't find chlorothalonil or mancozeb in france, but i looked on bayer website and in belgium they sell it.

Someone found the product melly recommanded?

edit: i just found this http://www.gammvert-saintjeandangely.com/t...1560282222.html

monday i'll buy some, 60 % mancozeb and 2.5 % myclobutanyl, and after sprae my plant , hope this one works, it's very big problem for me.

Edited by toimeme

Julien, Gary uses "Fungus Fighter" I believe,I'll have some in the post for you on Monday :sun_bespectacled: . It's in sachets so has to be diluted.

great.

i'm very worried, i have too many infected plants.

thank's you peter and thank's two will9 too.

next week i'll try to news product from you guys, many thank's.

Edited by toimeme

I havnt read this thread for a while -sorry.

Toimeme,sorry to hear your still having problems.Maybe its a different problem after all?I didnt have any white on my diseased plants only black.

I can find out the other ingredients of fungus fighter for you soon if you wish but as pete is sending you some you will soon know i think.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks for the provado lawn-grub killer link pete.That looks like it will do the trick!

no white but like you said some discolorations and after leaves becames brown/black and died.

I 'll try your fungus fighter, i also receive this week some dithane with mancozeb, the product recommanded by melly, i'm sure i have same problem has melly, her seek plant have same look as mine.

no white but like you said some discolorations and after leaves becames brown/black and died.

I 'll try your fungus fighter, i also receive this week some dithane with mancozeb, the product recommanded by melly, i'm sure i have same problem has melly, her seek plant have same look as mine.

I posted your Fungus Fighter yesterday, so hopefully you'll have it soon. The least that can come of this misfortune is that you can do a controlled experiment with the different products on the infected plants, and forward the results to us all.