N. eymae clones

kltower

I have a plant from Wistuba back in 2003. After 5 years, the puny little plant have gone robust and is pitchering very well for me. The plants is giving me a few two inches pitchers.

I am now think of getting one from Borneo Exotics for comparison. But according to BE website, the eymae they are selling originated from a clone in Germany. So are the clones of BE and Wistuba the same?

BTW, I grow my plant in highland conditions (daytime 24°C and nightime 18°C, 80% humidity).

Choong

• 1 month later...

I searched the forum before reopening this thread, just wondering what form of N. eymae has the more colorful upper pitchers. I know that BE sales N. eymae clone 2 which has a gorgeous dark peristome on it's lowers but are it's uppers green ?

N. eymae is just another form of N. maxima in my opinion. I discussed this with John Turnbull after returning from Indonesia, and he agrees that aside from the unusual uppers. However there was a rush to publish, and so he included N. infundibuliformis (N. eymae) as part of his paper when he describes N. hamatus and N. glabrata in the same paper. There are dozens, upon dozens of forms of N. maxima in Sulawesi, and each isolated population has some uniqueness to it.

Even this form has variations, some that resemble N. veitchii and N. hurilliana. Peristomes size and color vary in a lot of species.

- Rich

N. eymae is just another form of N. maxima in my opinion. I discussed this with John Turnbull after returning from Indonesia, and he agrees that aside from the unusual uppers. However there was a rush to publish, and so he included N. infundibuliformis (N. eymae) as part of his paper when he describes N. hamatus and N. glabrata in the same paper. There are dozens, upon dozens of forms of N. maxima in Sulawesi, and each isolated population has some uniqueness to it.

Even this form has variations, some that resemble N. veitchii and N. hurilliana. Peristomes size and color vary in a lot of species.

- Rich

the hurilliana one is that the one with the really tall elongated peristome, thats what made me fall in love with it I could wait for uppers with lowers like that. I do believe N. maxima is lowland and I don't have any lowland plants as it is easier for me to grow highlanders.