Get your wallets out..

wasted

truth, they need a lot of tlc, esp the smaller sized ones..

what is tlc?(sorry wasted, I'm always asking things...)

It's true that they sell small plants...but, they have interesting species like hamata!

good range of species, but personally I think the plants are too small and many suffer from the TC hangover

Hiya Simon..

Will you be placing any BE orders this year??

Give me some advance warning so I can start hiding the cash away!

Wasted..

good range of species, but personally I think the plants are too small and many suffer from the TC hangover

It's not so much a TC hangover, but the fact that he grows them in extreemely humid conditions that makes them so tender when first received. But so long as you know that and make allowances they generally do fine. If you don't keep them in high humidity to start with, you can watch them shrivel up.

I must have been lucky with mine then, got several neps from Wistuba last year and they were all in great condition and havent had any problems with them!

Heather

Edited by LJ

The worse effected I find are the Heli. Going limp in seconds from out of their plastic bags like Phil said. Or for ever producing loads of tiny growing points and never getting any bigger because of the chemicals used in the TC like Simon said. At best wistuba plants are excellent, but there are ones that prove very frustrating!

cheers

bill

The worse effected I find are the Heli. Going limp in seconds from out of their plastic bags like Phil said. Or for ever producing loads of tiny growing points and never getting any bigger because of the chemicals used in the TC like Simon said. At best wistuba plants are excellent, but there are ones that prove very frustrating!

cheers

bill

what chemicals do they use? :wink:

I believe he understands that and now I notice he has many stage 3 plants that are nearly an yr - 2 yrs out of TC for these purposes. :)

• 1 month later...
I believe he understands that and now I notice he has many stage 3 plants that are nearly an yr - 2 yrs out of TC for these purposes. :)

I've just ordered a stage 3 plant from Wistuba and just wondered roughly what size I could hope for? Andreas seems overwhelmed with orders and hasn't replied to my query yet ... It's a hamata, so naturally I'm hoping to avoid at least some of the acclimatization problems ... :D

I've just ordered a stage 3 plant from Wistuba and just wondered roughly what size I could hope for?

Wouldnt have thought it would be bigger than a couple of inches across, maximum..

It's a hamata, so naturally I'm hoping to avoid at least some of the acclimatization problems ... :D

Good luck :tu: