EEE 2008

Dear CP friends,

most of you have already known Italian CP society (AIPC) is setting up next EEE: we have started working about it some months ago!

We will offer very interesting CP conferences, CP selling space, CP exhibition, some nice activities for CP enthusiast like CP auction, CP photo competition and very well known italian friendship and hospitality.

Here first basic info about next EEE: 2008 EEE basic info

Just few note about next EEE:

- EEE 2008 will take place on 19th, 20th, 21st September 2008 in Mira in the ancient Villa Widmann - 25 km from Venice. Google maps link at: Map

- You can see detailed report about last AIPC meeting (September 2007) in the ancient villa Widmann here: 2007 AIPC meeting

- Already setted conferences are:

On Saturday:

Dr. Jan Schlauer "Rare European Utricularia Species"

Andreas Fleischmann and Steward McPherson "Venezuela: drosera tepui, focusing on D. solaris with Steward McPherson"

Joachim Nerz "Distribution-patterns of Nepenthaceae in Sumatra - is there a gap in between Western- and Northern Sumatra?"

On Sunday:

Siegfried Hartmeyer "New DVD show"

Dr. Lorenzo Peruzzi "The genus Pinguicula in pensinsular Italy: diversity and distribution"

Andreas Fleischmann "Zambia and Sierra Leone: Drosera and Tryphophyllum"

- We are setting up space for CP nurseries and getting in touch with professional CP sellers all around the world

- We are setting up space for hobbyst stands and soon we will publish rules to partecipate.

- We are arranging CP exhibition, CP Photo Competition and CP Olimpics game where all european CP growers will be very welcome, soon we will publish rules to partecipate.

- We published on web site hotel list and other accomodations and facilities for all participants and for saturday gala dinner we will ask to book in advance: 2008 EEE basic info

- we are setting up free space for all european CP societies where Societies can display info about society and membershiping, society activities and everythink societies like to expose about their activities (posters, pictures, seed bank activity, library,...).

We are very glad to offer free space to societies in order to fortify CP societies relationship and to focus EEE is primaly an inter-societies meeting.

You can email your questions to info.EEE @ gmail.com (without spaces), my colleague and I will be very glad to answer all your questions and very happy to meet all of you at EEE.

Soon other news about 2008 EEE in Italy.

We are looking for meeting all CP friends in Italy next September.

Greetings,

Rita

AIPC boards member.

Edited by Rita

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Rita,

I am very curieus to come visit and join the EEE in your beautiful country.

I have seen a few pics of the location and I think it will be a great atmosphere to held an EEE there!

I wish you all best of luck and fun with organising.

Thank you very much Rogier!

You and all friends from Europe will we very welcome.

For any question, please, don't esitate to write us at info.EEE @ gmail.com

Soon I'll send you link to conferences abstract and other info.

See you soon,

Rita

Edited by Rita

• 1 month later...
Hi Janice

I'm getting a flight from Bristol on the Friday evening - a bit far for you in the frozen north though!

Anyone else going from the UK?

Denis

Hi Dennis,

I had considered Easyjet from Bristol but as you say it is a bit far, especially when almost the entire trip is M6 & M5. I know from experience that it is not the best route for a Friday afternoon!

My other option is Ryanair from Liverpool to Treviso BUT I would have to be en route to the airport 04:30 hrs AND stay an extra night in Mira just to catch the only (early) flight back.

So it is back to the drawing board!

You seem to be well organised. Have you booked accommodation yet?

Edited by JaniceB

Hi Janice

I'm staying at the Hotel Riviera dei Dogi which is just up the road from the EEE (as far as I can make out).

Incidentally, Expedia wanted £150 for 2 nights but by contacting the hotel directly I got it for 100 euros!

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...

Dear CP friends,

We are working hard on EEE and AIPC web site offers new features.

Please, visit AIPC web site: www.aipcnet.it, home page will link to EEE english pages.

Don't forget reading "Food and Drink" to book your Saturday gala dinner and "Overnight stay" for hotels.

You can read more about conferences at: http://eee.aipcnet.eu/index_eng.html

Carnivorous plants exhibition will astonish all you and all famous CP nurseries have already booked space for selling!

We are also arranging a nice corner with special foods from Italy free for everybody. Italian AIPC members will bring special foods and drinks very famous all over the world.

My friends of AIPC and I will be very glad to help you booking hotel, or dinner...and answer your questions: info.EEE @ gmail.com

Hope to meet you in September.

Rita

Edited by Rita

Hi Janice

I'm getting a flight from Bristol on the Friday evening - a bit far for you in the frozen north though!

Anyone else going from the UK?

Denis

Hi Denis,

Looks like we are on the same flight!

Here we are ready to welcome you all!

Don't forget to book your friday and saturday evening meals at prenotazioni.aipc @ gmail.com

Rita

Edited by Rita

Hello,

other news at: http://eee.aipcnet.eu/index_eng.html

New pages for non-professional sellers: please read carefully becuase italian law is very restrictive.

You can ask info at: info.EEE @ gmail.com

Rita

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

our flights and hotels are booked now. We will be in Italy from Wednesday to Monday (to have some time to visit Venice as well) We will arrive at Treviso Airport. It would be great, if someone could let me know how to reach Mira from there. As i am sure, we are not the only one, that will arrive there, it might be a good idea to post it here.

Btw, we will also stay at the Riviera dei Dogi. I am really looking forward to this!

Christian

Edited by Christian

• 1 month later...

Hi all!!!

Several hotels arrange special buses from Treviso Airporto to Mira.

You may enquiry the hotel reception for booking the special bus.

Moreover you could choouse BUS SERVICE from Airport Canova Treviso:

http://www.atvo.it/index.php?lang=en&a...3&menuid=36 and http://www.trevisoairport.it/page/tsf/serv...amp;language=en

You have to click on "Aeroporto Treviso - Mestre -Venezia", for each airplane you will find the correspondent bus to MESTRE. MIRA is one of the bus-stop exactly in front of the Villa Widmann where we will meet.

Also we are trying to arrange a car sharing for people arriving in Mestre. We will pick up you if you would send an email to info.EEE @ gmail.com

see you soon!!!!

ciao

Andrea

Edited by blt00123

• 4 weeks later...

Just to remind to all CP growers who would bring on sale at EEE 2008 in Italy their division, cuttings or seedlings: all informations and module to subscribe are available at http://eee.aipcnet.eu/espositori/EEE_2008_hobbyst_eng.html

The deadline for subscription is 1st september 2008. After that day we couldn't grant space spaces and subscription could be refused. Subscribing in time will assure the best places positioned with good visibility.

pls enquiry or book, sending an email to infoEEE.aipc AT gmail.com

ciaooo

Hi.

Just a question: is it problematic to buy plants and to bring them home by airplane? (within the EU: From Italy to France)

François.

Edited by Sockhom

hi Rita and other CP-friends,

Very pity, but I will mis the EEE 2008. :(

Why? My parents are married 40 years at 2008 and we'll go to Indonesia (Java and Sumatra) at Saturday 6th of September for 24 days, so During the EEE 2008 I'm at the other side of the World.

I wish rita and her friends all the luck with the EEE and have fun.

The EEE 2009 will take place at Gent, Belgium. As far as I concern Drosera (Belgium CP-society) is already began with setting up their EEE.

Of course I will be there at Gent next year.

Take care,

Wouter

Transport of artificial propagated CITES plants within the EU is no problem. It is always recommandable to have a simple bill at the border where the EU-source of the plants is mentioned. However, in case that anybody travels through Switzerland it is important to know that this country does not accept the EU-laws and still demands CITES and Phytosanitary Certificate also for artificial propgated plants. Plants without such documents will be confiscated and penalties are expensive.

Hi.

Just a question: is it problematic to buy plants and to bring them home by airplane? (within the EU: From Italy to France)

François.

Just keep them in your handluggage, otherwise you'll return with frozen plants... :D

Although your flight is pretty short, but I won't take the risk.

Greets,

Vincent

Transport of artificial propagated CITES plants within the EU is no problem. It is always recommandable to have a simple bill at the border where the EU-source of the plants is mentioned. However, in case that anybody travels through Switzerland it is important to know that this country does not accept the EU-laws and still demands CITES and Phytosanitary Certificate also for artificial propgated plants. Plants without such documents will be confiscated and penalties are expensive.

Hi Siggi, as of July 2007, phyto documents are not needed anymore, if plants are imported from the EU, Cites however is still requiered.