Taking Care of baby bylis

jm82792

Well I have a pot of byblis seedlings now,they germinated in my 10 gallon propogater tank.

\It took a month since the tank was cold so I used higher wattage cfls then plugged all the holes for the hood it is around 90F they germinated in literally 4 days or so after me upping the temps. I have them in a good media(70% perilite 30% peat) and in a large pot.

I had like 90% germination so I heard that fungus can kill them off and dieoff.

I have experienced what I believe has been dampoff. So now instead of putting inches of water in the "open tray" when it goes dry, I will only put a little bit, just enough to "wet their whistle."

Byblis liniflora :shock: Sorry about that,

my other question is I moved them from the very hot conditions to around 75F since the bulbs in my 10 gallon tank will kill the seedlings eventually. Will that temperature be okay ? The tank is for intermediate and lowlander nepenthes(need more heat)

The light is good it keeps my nepenthes pitchers colorful. I would like to try some other longer living byblis sometime when I get growing my liniflora down

Thanks for the help :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Well there 1 inch or so tall and there growing strong even after a very careful transplant.

So I guess there doing okay :)

Edited by jm82792