Just wanted to share...

Guest rco911

Not sure how I missed this one.

Very nice plant. Do you have more details regards to location data or where you bought it from ?

I would also be interested to see what happens if you where to self pollinate it. With any luck a few darker plants will pop up :D

You've got a wonderfull plant :yes:

I've never seen that before.....

Not sure how I missed this one.

Very nice plant. Do you have more details regards to location data or where you bought it from ?

I would also be interested to see what happens if you where to self pollinate it. With any luck a few darker plants will pop up :D

Darker than this plant? :shock:

• 7 months later...

Hi Bob, - Yes - they retained their dark color this year. I STILL think this is a young plant though, and the color would be probably attributed to growing this under greenhouse twin wall polycarbonate -- during the summer months it would receive light all day from sunrise to sunset. There is something about how the light scatters under polycarb, as many of my plants have exhibited wonderful intense coloration. I would really love to see this plant with towering pitchers of this color. The new pitchers started off green and once they begin inflating, the color change slowly starts. I don't have any photos of the plant while it was developing. The pitchers this year were not as black as the previous, but still on the dark end of the spectrum, its more reddish-black this year.

BobZ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

rco911 that is truely one amazingly beautiful cobra plant,

Thank you so much for sharing those photos with us.

It would be interesting to see what Barry Rice thinks of this one as I'm sure he has quite a bit of experience in the field with cobras.

Barry are you out there mate?

Dave.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
BAD a** CALIFORNICA DUDE!!!!!!!!

DC-I second that! Rob, that plant looks really healthy-good job! Some plants in the wild behave similarly-they stay greenish during the summer, and during the fall, the red color really kicks in. However, they're not typically that purplish-they're more of a blood red color.

• 1 year later...