U. longifolia flower

Jeremiah

Jeremiah, the flower is outstanding! Today, I was looking at my U. longifolia and thinking "When is it ever going to flower?". My patience will all be worth it when that time comes! So, I have to ask, what is your growing method for this plant?

-Homer :)

• 3 weeks later...

In fact, all the longifolias I've seen from nurseries in the UK have been the same lilac-mauve as mine (the same as shown by Vic here: http://www.cpuk.org/~vicbrown/images/Utric...ongifoliaC1.jpg).

Bob Z's photo finder has quite a few pinky links. Does anyone feel like sharing a little pink-flowered form in the EU if they have it?

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

does the photo show the real color? when I was at Carniflora's open day last year I saw all the of Utricularia longifolia that had a more blueish color then the photograf shown here.... or is lilac-mauve a nickname for what I call blueish purple :mrgreen:

Hi Bjorn,

Nice photo! I managed too to get my longifolia to flower! Everytime I look at the plant I think "what a big plant for a Utric!" :D

My flowers are also more blue-ish than your pic, but it will be the transfer to pixels / or the flash what morphed the color a bit...? Ah well... nice pic! :D

• 2 weeks later...