Lego Mini Mini Bog Garden

johnnyfrye

I just finished it, and it has a coat of waterproof stuff so none can leak out. Planted in it is some random unidentified ping, (who might not make it due to a practically nonexistent root system) and a baby D. Spatulata. It is a bit small, but this is only the prototype, so expect a bigger one soon. Here is a pic.

ping_1.jpg

Planted in it is some random unidentified ping, (who might not make it due to a practically nonexistent root system)

And I (correct me if wrong) thought that pings had a really tiny root system. Which is why you see them growing on certain rocks. But I might have to take some of my old legos and try it out.

Cody

Edited by flytrapcody

Thanks matt! and for the ping, I will just never water it. (well, not really) And, I planted my "john rizzi" on a lava rock and it is doing great! But this one has pretty much nonexistant roots, as in I coiuld not even see them. Oh well. Just remember if you build one to paint or coat the outside with water stuff or just paint, so no water leaks out. And definitely remember to OVERLAP the bricks, so there are no seams measuing more than one brick. Otherwise, the whole thing will fall apart easily.

Edited by johnnyfrye

But possibly worthy of entry in a particular annual competition run by CPUK! :wink:

I would hope the rules completely disallow that.

The competition would be totally devalued if this was allowed in.

• 3 weeks later...

Bad news andreas. The prototype's water stuff leaks off in high humidity and poisoned the water of another CP's water tray. It is now destroyed and the plants potted somewhere else. As for the big one, I'm not sure I want to build it anyway. Now I want to try a sink bog garden, made out of an old sink in the dumpster or something.

Guest Andreas Eils
Bad news andreas. The prototype's water stuff leaks off in high humidity and poisoned the water of another CP's water tray.

:shock:

Oh dear, are Lego bricks also already manufactured in China??? What a pity and I´ve looked so much forward to see the first Lego brick bog garden!

Okay, thanks for the information.

Regards,

Andreas

Now I want to try a sink bog garden, made out of an old sink in the dumpster or something.

Why do you want to build a sinkbog in a dumpster?

Edited by FredG

No I want to find an old sink in a dumpster and clean it and make a bog garden out of it! But think of how big your bog garden could be if you used an actual dumpster as a container...

And andreas I was talking about the water proof stuff I sprayed on the bricks, not the actual bricks. Legos are not manufactured in China and poisoned with lead, like My Littlest Pet Shop©®™ toys are.

Edited by johnnyfrye

a forest of sundews

Now you have me cogitating.

As a collective noun a forest of sundews is obviously wrong, sundews are not trees.

So what is the collective noun?

A stickiness?

A trap?

One to ponder. :happy::happy::oops:

edit..... A dumpster will not be allowed

Edited by FredG

• 2 months later...
Bad news andreas. The prototype's water stuff leaks off in high humidity and poisoned the water of another CP's water tray. It is now destroyed and the plants potted somewhere else. As for the big one, I'm not sure I want to build it anyway. Now I want to try a sink bog garden, made out of an old sink in the dumpster or something.

If you are still wanting to try it go to your nearest aquatics shop and get silicon sealant that is used for the fish tanks, the fish are sensitive to toxins, so it will have been made safe and a lot of the sealants are suitable for submersion in water around 25C permanently, so high humidity should not be a problem.

I am now thinking whether I should take the lego down if there is some at the house that I am clearing out- I think that Kit might see that as taking it too far.

Fix

• 4 weeks later...