Some Tropics In Siberia

Bloomed my first leafless orchid Chiloschista Parishii !!! Also I obtained the carnovoropus plant of cephalotus, size thus far any, 3 cm in the diameter. I Planted it into the perforated plastic pot, hole to 1,5 cm which closed by moss, inside I put inverted small plastic perforated pot, for warning the stagnation of water, substrat is mix of torf:perlit = 2:1, soaked 2 weeks in the changed distillate.

ch_parishii0.jpg

ch_parishii01.jpg

ch_parishii1.jpg

ch_parishii2.jpg

gor_ceph.jpg

ceph0.jpg

ceph_gen.jpg

45K2_ceph1.jpg

Edited by Akhenaten

Thank's every one. Life in Siberia don't different from life in Kostroma ;)

It differs. You have continental climate - hot summers, cold winters whith few snow and less humidity. It's more abrupt. Right?

http://meteoinfo.ru/KrasnoyarskClimat

Eto stranno govorit' na angliiskom dvum russkim, zhivushim v rossii.

(It's strange when two Russians use English to talk with each other)

It's just a politeness - we are guests here and must respect other members. I'm sure you were in situation when someone near speaks another language :)

Yes, you are right, a climate at us sharply continental, winter to -40 С, summer to +35 С, already +28 С.

I am sorry about all participants of a forum if whom I have offended, yes political correctness first of all.

• 4 months later...

Hi Akhenaten,

That really is a great setup you have there.

When you first started this thread, I had no broadband connection so could not open the thread (all the photo's) so I am glad you have updated things.

Your Orchids flower very well. I think your "V. Mimi Palmer" is mis-labeled, it has the right lip colour but it should look like V.tesselata! If it is an alba version then it is very unusual (but in that case ,I guess it still would not be called Mimi Palmer!?)

Is it scented..violet scent?

Here is mine

mimiimg0001oe8.th.jpg

Hi Akhenaten,

That really is a great setup you have there.

When you first started this thread, I had no broadband connection so could not open the thread (all the photo's) so I am glad you have updated things.

Your Orchids flower very well. I think your "V. Mimi Palmer" is mis-labeled, it has the right lip colour but it should look like V.tesselata! If it is an alba version then it is very unusual (but in that case ,I guess it still would not be called Mimi Palmer!?)

Is it scented..violet scent?

Here is mine

mimiimg0001oe8.th.jpg

Thank you Dicon :)

You are right, it is unknown unfragnant hybrid of vanda. I want move away this plant, and now I wait 2 new vandas from the shop at this place in orchiterrarium.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

1,5 years ago I changed pine bark to EpiWeb, for my orchids.

The number of carnivorous plant reduced, I don't know why. They condition I don't change/ They have light, RO water, sphagnum moss substrate. But they number reduce after each dormancy.

Photos of my orchyterrarium today.

This is total view

gallery_2786_484_161601.jpg

This is all my dianea muscipula

gallery_2786_484_68790.jpg

This is all my pingueculas

gallery_2786_484_43883.jpg

And this is very big vanilla

gallery_2786_484_43471.jpg

Vanilla is superfluous to my orhidariume forms much shade, takes a lot of space to throw a pity. Do you think it could grow just in the room?

For the same reason, I had thrown nepenthes, grew and began to occupy much space. I very much want to grow nepenthes, but the form with short leaves and is not very high. Can you tell me what some nepenthes species?

Very cool! Allways thought i had climate issues in the north of the UK! Seriously well done.

You could try the following which are failry common and stay small or are easily trimmed down with small leaves;

Intermediate/Lowland

Adnata

Tobaica

Lowland

Gracilis

Bellii

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...