Pinguicula cyclosecta

taywf1234

I have noticed in the past that certain Mexican Pings (cyclosecta being one of them) do have a tendancy to shrink/or be in a state of dormancy when they have got competition from moss etc on the soil surface. I used to put peat in the Ping soil then but found that by removing this and growing in 1:1 vermiculite:perlite (occaisonally I may add a some sand to this!) the moss is less likely to appear and the plants grow well providing they have a daily misting of water, in fact my growing conditions are almost the same as yours.

Maybe carefully removing the moss (obviously being careful not to disturb the plant to much) will allow it to grow on better. Also I have found that cyclosecta leaves often root at any time of the year so any leaves that come away need not be wated!!

Bruce

I found out that if you give your mexican pings too much light they slowely shrink so I moved mine to a dimmer windowsill they seem to be more happy.

But this effect is just quite small at my plants.

I have noticed in the past that certain Mexican Pings (cyclosecta being one of them) do have a tendancy to shrink/or be in a state of dormancy when they have got competition from moss etc on the soil surface.

Could realize this at my plants, although there is often much wild moos.

Perhaps it is the result of rotting? I saw it several times that small plants rot very easy, when the soil is very humid and the temperatures are high. The plant should recover itself. Perhaps you just wait a few weeks. Then the plant should me much larger.

Kindest regards Christian

If it were me, I would pluck the cyclosecta out of the pot and either repot in a mossless media or remove the moss layer and replace with fresh media.