Sign in to follow this  
jimothy

S. 'God's gift' - what's the story?

Hi there,

whilst i can find a few mentions of thisp lant in people's growlists, wishlists and photo threads, I wasn't able to find any info on parentage to update my own growlist. The plant isn't listed on the ICPS site OR the CP database, furthermore, I could find no mention of it on Mike's site (I believe he bred it, though i may be misinformed).

The only mention I could find anywhere was on Keith Wilsons site, where under one of his hybrid clones, he states:

micheliana x leucophylla... was known as 'God's Gift'

So what's the story, was it never an official cultivar after all, or has something changed so that it's no longer registered?

There is mention of this plant(with photo's) in Stewart McPherson's new book. I think Mike named it himself but unofficially,so it wasn't registered.Mike might prove me wrong on this now though.

Guest Aidan

According to the entry in Stewart's book, the plant originated with Adrian Slack and was subsequently named by Mike. Having been recently described and published by Stewart, 'God's Gift' is in theory now a cultivar. That depends upon the ICRA (the ICPS) either being made aware of, or finding out about the published description... which will happen eventually.

Joke or otherwise! :(

....and it's a nice plant too! :-)

Is it ? Doesn't look very special to me ??

It's a vigorous colourful clone.

SH46.jpg

hehe ... thats all I wanted lol :D

They do look alot better in these pictures. The ones I found are of, I guess, traps that have just opened.

Joel