identification dioneae

yakari59

Guest Aidan

Dionaea muscipula

Nothing more, nothing less.

Perhaps owing to flowering, the plant appears to be in fairly poor condition. Even if it is a particular "type", it is not really possible to hazard a guess as to identity until it can be seen in full growth.

aiden are you shure thats not the very rare small and large trapped ground hugging clone or possibly G7418632dm but looking closer i can see 2 teeth that are fused so of course it could be semi fused tooth :D

or as you say a typical form.

www.myvenusflytrap.com/cultivars.html

Also: http://www.humboldt.edu/~rrz7001/Dionaea.html

If it's not on there it is typical. No two ways about it.

See, that was my problem. When i first came on here (not too long ago :shock:) i read about all these cultivars and thought a VFT would be one of them. I was not aware that there actually was a 'typical'. I just saw all these cultivars and thought "whoa, which one is mine?".

At first, it is abit confusing with all the cultivars. Fortunatly, only just a few weeks, I allready know alot more.

www.myvenusflytrap.com/cultivars.html

Also: http://www.humboldt.edu/~rrz7001/Dionaea.html

If it's not on there it is typical. No two ways about it.

See, that was my problem. When i first came on here (not too long ago :shock:) i read about all these cultivars and thought a VFT would be one of them. I was not aware that there actually was a 'typical'. I just saw all these cultivars and thought "whoa, which one is mine?".

At first, it is abit confusing with all the cultivars. Fortunatly, only just a few weeks, I allready know alot more.

Same with me, Nicolai. :)