Just like London buses..they all come at once

Guest Threeskins

Guest Threeskins

Hi,

I have been waiting a long time for my largest argentii which is a 15" crawling plant to flower and today I noticed a flower forming, to my amazement my other plant which is a third of the size is also flowering. I've no idea of the sexes but has anybody got anything interesting coming into flower that would make a suitable cross.

Simon

Lucky man Simon... I appear to have a tinge of jealousy.. my only flowers at the mo are a gentle and a hopefully a ventrata... for obvious reasons I think they can accompany each other :(

I've got a male Truncata (lowland) in flower at the moment. I think it has about a third of the spike still to go so if you are interested let me know as soon as you can.

I've got a male Truncata (lowland) in flower at the moment. I think it has about a third of the spike still to go so if you are interested let me know as soon as you can.

argentii and truncata... that should be quite a combination :shock:

Alex

Si,

Funny things Neps. Some species flower simultaneously world wide, whether in greenhouses, terrariums or habitat. For example, N. truncata. You just caught me about to leave the highland nursery early tomorrow morning. Before I leave I'll rush out and see if any of our N. argentii are flowering.

What would you like to cross it with? We have a few things flowering at present but I'm having a hard time thinking of what would be a good cross. We too have N. tuncata flowering. It might be more interesting crossing it with something else small with character, such as N. aristo as has been mentioned. There's usually some of that flowering in collections about now.

• 2 weeks later...