She falls for it every time...!

bwdoz

This species is so nice.

I remember a few years ago, I was at the Missouri Botanical Garden studying aroids with Thomas Croat when I found this enormous Dracunculus flower in the greenhouses. I've cuted the flower and put it in my backpack to take measures later. Directly after collecting the flower I went to the Botanical Garden gift shop which is very ''fency'' to check for some souvenir. I had forgoten about the smell of the plant (maybe I was used to it after passing a whole day with other Amorphophallus, Dracontium...) and the shop was full of customers. Everyone in the shop was looking at me like if I was a stinking cavern man....hehehe, just a funny souvenir.

Oh also, I had my personal army of flies folowing me around.

Math

my dad loves arums and this is one of his favorites.

Bruce: could you please PM me(when you get a chance) the basic growing instructions for these babies. i live in Kentucky(zone 6) so it should do well outside.

Alex

:lol::lol: nice one! does it work on sisters??? :lol::D

• 2 weeks later...

So then, how many of you grow the pure white Dracunculus canariensis?!

Not quite as hardy as D. vulgaris but very beautiful anyway. Copy and paste the following- the Dracunculus page on my website. http://bensbotanics.co.uk/page22.htm

I have seedlings of D. canariensis growing at the moment, and my parent plant (pictured at the bottom of the page) is producing seed now. If you have a cool but frost free greenhouse this is an oddity you must try!

Oh by the way the D. canariensis smells of fruit sweets (candy)!