Over 36 inches of leuco!

So far I think it’s been my best year ever for Luecos…over 36 inches?! My little pride and joy!

leuco1.jpg

leco2.jpg

leco3.jpg

leco4.jpg

leuco.jpg

I’ve had to move it to ground level along with a lovely ‘Brooks Hybrid’

IMG_0102_(450_x_600).jpg

Really happy with my flavas at the mo as well…

flava2.jpg

flava3.jpg

flava4.jpg

flava5.jpg

flava6.jpg

flava7.jpg

flava8.jpg

flava9.jpg

flava10.jpg

And a Moori starting to dribble…

moor1.jpg

And a lovely youngster which should be a stunner in a few years time!

hybrid1.jpg

The flavas are for a bog garden which should be completed 'sometime' this year (cough) ...when I grow outside, the colours are lovely but the plants are usually much later and smaller though.

So far I think it’s been my best year ever for Luecos…over 36 inches?! My little pride and joy!

Ha ha ha, please wait until next week: my leuco' is going to produce a... 37or 38 inch pitcher :wink:

But your pictures are really beautiful, I love it. Impressive sarracenias and beautiful colors... :evil:

I'm pretty bad at keeping track of locations, what's come from where etc. I just grow what I like the look of!

Having said that, I've done a quick trawl and I'm sure the lovely red throated veined flava came from yourself Steven.

I wanted to get a nice range of flavas for my bog garden and scanned the internet for forms that caught my eye. Found a stunner which I think was a photographed in the wild...Ha! Chances of getting something like that would be pretty remote I thought. Then I saw a near identical looking one on this forum, contacted Steven and after a few coins passed between us I had one growing in my green house. Must say this year it is very impressive and I absolutely love it!

As for the leuco, that's an old one that literally sulked for years after a repot. Then last atumn it gave a wonderful show...and likewise this spring. It was just a 'rescue' plant from a nursery.

The colour....

The flavas are showing some lovely lime green / yellow colouration and the reds are really coming through this year.

Having read about the 'tannic tea' debate, I thought I'd have a little play. Nothing scientific which is appalling considering my scientific background, but last year I thought I'd try it.

A water butt (from a tin roof covering a barn), a few handfulls of composted bark (the type for mulching), the same amount of live fresh sphagnum and sphag peat. I boiled it all up (not the water butt mind) with about 6 litres of rain water and simmered for an hour. Lovely moor land run-off colour, let it cool then poured the whole lot including the bits into the water butt.

And there it remains! Obviously it gets diluted every time it rains but that's what I use.

Oh, also it's been the sunniest April for years and I took the bubble wrap down as soon as the pitchers started!!

Who knows?!

I'm pretty bad at keeping track of locations, what's come from where etc. I just grow what I like the look of!

Having said that, I've done a quick trawl and I'm sure the lovely red throated veined flava came from yourself Steven.

I thought it was my creation! :wink: