Dionea lighting

D_muscipula

Well I don't know where you would get one, but make sure it's the right type. Cool white (I think is about 4500K-6500K, I think 6500K would be the best) And I think you need around a total of 120watt 6" above the plants. Well that's for optimum I'm sure the plants would be fine with less.

The cheapest fixtures, cheapest bulbs, cheapest operating costs, very low heat output, ideal light output for VFTs is:

Fixture:

48 inch (4 foot) two bulb florescent light fixtures (sometimes called shop light). Two of these fixtures would be ideal.

- Good is 40 watt fixtures for T12 bulbs.

- Better is a fixture for T8 bulbs, this is what I recommend. (Less energy useage than T12 and more light output than T12). T8 is great.

- Best is a T5 fixture, but this may be hard to find and the bulbs will probably be expensive.

Bulbs:

Cool White bulbs are ideal for growing VFT, and the cheapest.

In my area T8 2 bulb 48 inch florescent light fixtures cost approximately $15, probably less if you shop around, definitely less than $20.

T8 48 inch florescent Cool White light bulbs are about $2, probably less if you shop around.

Note: A shorter fixture will be more expensive, shorter bulbs will be more expensive, shorter will not provide as much light.

Good luck,

Brad

Ventura California