Rhino brand greenhouse

Now that I have almost settled into my new house I am looking to get a greenhouse. I have been through this thread and the general advice seems to be buy a bigger greenhouse than you think you need and buy a Ronbinson greenhouse if you can afford one.

However while searching the web I came across the Rhino brand which look to me to give the Robinson greenhouse a run for its money. (Rhino 6x8 £1049 vs Robinson Regent 6x8 £2079). For this the Rhino model comes as standard with 2 double auto-roof vents, very robust frame (people can sit on the roof...), toughened glass, no glazing clips and currently with free staging.

Anyway, that is what I understand from reading from their literature. But, has anybody actually got one a Rhino greenhouse and are they as good as they seem?

Any thoughts you all might have would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

I was going to get a Rhino until it was decided we must have a wooden greenhouse. We have friends who are going to get one. I have been along to the sales yard and they look pretty good.

The only bad thing I noticed was a colour difference (on a green greenhouse) between different materials on the structure due to fading in the sun after a couple of years.

I've actually been looking around for these cheap second hand greenhouses for a while and nothing suitable has come up, a few old knackered greenhouses did come up but nothing I would want to have in my garden. I don't think half decent 2nd hand greenhouses are as common as is often make out. I do have some basic requirements that an old greenhouse from the Free ads just doesn't seem to meet:

* Strong frame to withstand any weather it's exposed position may throw at it (especially while I am working away).

* Toughened glass which wont break when a football finds its way over from my neighbour's garden.

* Adequate automated ventilation (I don't want to cook my plants while I am working away).

* It has to look nice or my neighbour on the south side will slap up a 6 foot fence blocking out the sunlight from it.

Thanks for the tip on the colour fading issue Jim, I'll look out for that when I pop down to their sales yard this weekend.

Cheers,

you'll have to keep working away at those prices(6X8 £1000) did i read that right? i'm sure B & Q do it a lot cheaper.

the best time for second hand greenhouses is winter when people get fed up with them,i'd wait and spend the saved money on plants too!

ada

You can also shop around for a cheaper Robinsons! The main advantages with Robinsons is that the frames are the heaviest, and the rain water collection is the more superior of the 2.

Target price for a Robinsons Regent 10x6 was £1470 in powder coated white..you can negotiate with these guys and generally seem to have a constant offer on.

Try

www.thegreenhousepeople.co.uk

Hmmm a cheap greenhouse from B&Q...

I have bought cheap screwdrivers, a hacksaw, a drill, a strimmer and a lawnmower from B&Q and in every case the product has looked nice when it was new but been broken in no time. I think I have (finally) learnt my lesson and realise that the cheap products in B&Q are really worth avoiding. Or the lesson could be that I am very heavy handed, its difficult to tell... :?

Thanks for the input Mike, I will see what deal I can get on a Robinson before I make a decision.

Cheers,