Many pictures, spring approaching...

Interestingly, your D. whittakerii ssp. aberrans is at about the same stage as mine. I'm guessing that they are probably from the same location too.

Thanks!

Sean, very probably! ;) Not all of them were dormant, most are growing then and there just dying back and popping out again. They seem to like my conditions, I gave away around 20 plants in the last two years all originating from one tuber.

It's actually an interesting form. My couple of pots appeared above the surface back in the middle of summer and the many other forms I grow are only just appearing- 3 months later. In my experience it has a very short dormancy of only around 2-3 months. The tubers begin to reshoot almost as soon as the previous years growth has finished.

Sorry Jan, just enhancing your thread rather than capturing it! :D

Not weather, only recently moved to their new area which receives alot more sun than what they were previously receiving. The rosettes of the other forms of D. whittakerii just emerging range from an orangey colour to deep red. Should be interesting to see how they appear when fully mature.

Wow, Jan!!

Now i know why you moved to another flat.. more space and the balcony!

Great pictures. Some of the tuberous droseras seems a bit strange (D. aff bulbosa and D. erythrorhyza 2nd pic)? Is this a additional tuber emerging?

Great collection anyway! :-)

Olivier

Is this a additional tuber emerging?

Hi Olivier, thanks for the kind words! All my rosetted tuberous species do late season runner stolons. In both pots the old plants died or began to die and at the same time second plants emerged. This is normal in my conditions. Did you never see such runners?