In the back of the free ad's

I see lots of greenhouses advertised in the local papers, "greenhouse, free, but buyer collects."

Has anyone done this and can they tell me how hard it is. I assume that the easiest way is to remove the glass but keep the frame together.

Any advice...

Thanks

Alex.

alexa,the glass usually comes out easy,just poke the clips out.unless the glass has been set in putty,then its a real *******. then i take the roof off .if the bolts dont come undone they usually shear off,but are cheap enough at B & Q. then just undo the bolts that hold the four sides together.its a lot easier to transport that way and easier to get down the side of peoples houses.its also easier to store while you sort out the base/foundation.

Guest Sheila

The easiest way if you are unsure of getting it back together again, is to take a felt tip pen with you and mark the joins with numbers so you know exactly what came from where when you put it back together again.

The easiest way if you are unsure of getting it back together again, is to take a felt tip pen with you and mark the joins with numbers so you know exactly what came from where when you put it back together again.

I had to do that with the site drilled one as no two holes were in the same place. I'd also take plenty of photo's if I were you for reference.

Either way the effort is well worth it, Go for it :wink:

I wish they were that common in my part of the world. I've been looking for weeks. Every time I find one (which isn't that often) it's gone by the time I call!

I use the ad-trader (yellow paper) You can access the ads via the web site as early as an hour after they are sent in (often many days before the paper is dispatched)

The guy who offered my last greenhouse was amazed as he'd only put it in an hour prior to me phoning him.

Good luck and be persistant.

I got mine that way,

I took a lot of pictures of how it all fit together, numbered some of the beams then took the whole thing apart. I managed to keep the two arches together and with four people dismatling, managed to get it done in about 45mins.