S.leucophylla and props....

Here are a couple of shots of an XL S.leucophylla at our recent NZCPS Summer Show. This beauty is grown by the NZCPS Secretary, Brian and is a credit to him. The photos were taken by the NZCPS El Presidente, Paul Carter (used with his permission) and feature some noteworthy props.

In this first photo the prop is self explanatory.....

Briansleuc.1.jpg

In this one, the human prop is yours truly (for those familiar with the US TV show, you may get the Earl reference). Of note in this shot - one of the two subjects is losing its hair 155.gif

brianleuc.2.jpg

Of note in this shot - one of the two subjects is losing its hair 155.gif

brianleuc.2.jpg

An extract of the botanical description of this great and unique species:

Kiwi earl Nz. (2006)

Indumentum:

all parts of the plant densely covered with long, grey hairs, but those on the head pitcher appear to be caducous.

487.gif

Earl, you do look gorgeous! :wink:

Friendly,

Socky.

I'd been wondering whether your name was linked to the TV show. A very good likeness- one of the few shows I look forward to each week.

Not a bad plant either!

Guest Aidan
In this one, the human prop is yours truly (for those familiar with the US TV show, you may get the Earl reference).

All becomes clear... :wink:

Of note in this shot - one of the two subjects is losing its hair

You are not alone.

Oh yes, nice plant!

An extract of the botanical description of this great and unique species:

Kiwi earl Nz. (2006)

Indumentum:

all parts of the plant densely covered with long, grey hairs, but those on the head pitcher appear to be caducous.

Socky.

Now, that's funny!!

Nice one, Francios :dude:

Thanks for the emotional support from those members of what the indomitable Larry David calls, "the bald community". Doesn't make me feel any better though, it has to be said.

What am I saying! I'm not there yet................ :oops:

(That emoticon looks like me trying to see where my fringe has gone!)

OMG Earl! That white sarr is my favourite Sarr ever. I am trying to see if i can get that this summer. :roll: I love it...its insane. I think I like this better than the white sarr with the heavy red veining. I would like the white sarr with white veining like that. :lol: amazing....simple amazing. :lol:

Guest Sheila
aidan, when did you get the job modeling hats? :D haven't you enough to do?

I'm sure I remember a thread some time ago, where Aidan claimed these hats had been eaten and digested by Elephants too :lol:

.....and he still wears it. eeeeew :x :lol:

What a stunning leuco! Do you know if this same clone is also in a collection somewhere in Europe?

Unfortunately, from what I understand, this is merely a generic S.leucophylla with little details as to history.

This specimen is grown in a large ex-commercial tomato glasshouse by an experienced CP enthusiast here in Auckland. Both these factors have, undoubtedly, contributed to the XL size and fantastic condition of the plant.