Cudo

Chloroplastik

Hello there,

Here is a picture of the wonderfull Cudo selected from seedlings a few years ago by a VFT grower : MS (I don't want to be responsible of a spam attack in his email box so I don't give his name.

Cudo -say "tchudo" - means something like weird or strange thing in slovak. A very good name for this strange and particular vft. Every parts of the plant even roots are different from the typical plants we can find originally in Carolinas.

cudo-ete-2006.jpg

An old picture from last summer. This plant grows perfectly in a tropical terrarium.

Cheers

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sheila

I quite like it, it is quite a neat looking plant. I'd rather have that one in my collection than wacky traps or the clam. At least it doesn't look moth eaten. :shock:

[i agree , I like the little fellow also. Regarding the Clam-it doesn't exist anymore, does it?

No It doesn't exsiste anymore, this VFT have been lost. that's why it's very importatnt to trade.

But the Cubo is very beautifull, here is mine with tow growing point:

11964586_m.jpg

11964590_m.jpg

11964593_m.jpg

I hope it will be available. There are about 15-20 plants in 5 or more collections in Europe. So I think it is safe and it wouldn't be lost. Growers who have it found in past years it is quite simply to propagate it via cutting.

To Guillaume: What are the brown dots at your Cudo? Aren't they eggs of some pest? Why are its traps closed? It is unusual.

• 1 month later...