The True VFT Giant

NeciFiX

Has anyone heard of the Ingens Dionaea Muscipula, which existed in prehistoric times and was recently discovered? I can't find much info on it, but apparently it's known, it was related to Dionaea but, actually, more related to Pitcher Plants, however was a snap trap and resembled Dionaea more, it grew up to 30 ft tall and attracted large birds and small dinosaurs with traps able to ingest a 6-foot-tall grown man with enzymes able to break down a cow in 24 hours. In the "Fact Check Forums" this was quoted from a short definitive article or something,

http://factcheck.gullible.info/discussion/...naea-muscipula/

There was another article where I got some of this stuff, but, I don't remember where, and Google only brings up 3 searches, can anyone find info on this so called "Dinosaur Eating Dionaea", extinct and prehistoric CP's were relatively small, or roughly the same size as of present day.

Only the factcheck article is on google when using the specific words in a bunch, and some sort of different languaged website I can't read.

http://www.technologijos.lt/laisvalaikis/f...b_start:int=100

If anyone wants to figure out what language it is, translate it using Altavista or something, then use your web browser search to find Dionaea Muscipula Ingens that would help.

I found it in the language or whatever, if someone could just insert this text...

Ingens Dionaea Muscipula, jautriojo musėkauto (angl. Venus Flytrap, lot. Dionaea muscipula) protėvis, gyvavęs prieš 15 milijonų metų, buvo didžiausias šiuo metu žinomas mėsėdis augalas Žemėje. Jo dydis buvo toks, kad lengvai suvirškintų 1,8 m ūgio žmogų.

I don't speak whatever that language is, but, it says 15 milijonu, which probably means 15 million years, and metu probably means ago, 1,8m probably means something along the lines of 18 meters or 1.8 Meters, which would be nearly 6 feet or 2 yards.

All attempts to translate it on Babelfish failed.

Great, I'll try to find a "Lithuanian to English" Translator.

Aaand, I can't. Anyone try for it? I found one translator, I do not know of it's accuracy, I put a few of the words in but it couldn't read them, maybe it's not Lithuanian, still, it's the best bet as of yet.

What ever size Ingens Dionaea might have had, even 15 million years ago it will certainly have had no chance to catch a dinosaur, as they died out some 65 million years ago. So that discussion seems to me as a crude mix of little facts and much fantasy. I hope somebody will be able to show a serious picture of that fossile, that 15 million years ago might have caught no dinosaurs but maybe our own ancestors: little incautious primates.

It's rather funny that site-forms are in Russian, but they filled in Lithuanian.

There is no analog of this article in Russian only this:

http://mrrr.narod.ru/carnivor/glava5.htm

Dionaeas remains found on the territory of modern Borneo and dated by middle Miocene.

Then see

http://www.google.com/search?hl=ru&q=D...1%D0%BA&lr=

Only pollen found!!!

All the rest facts are fantasy.

Ingens? InGen was the fictional company in 'Jurassic Park' responsible for resurrecting the dinosaurs. Coincidence? I don't think so...

I think Ingens is latin, Musa ingens is the giant banana species so maybe it relates to large size or prehistoric origin?

Problem solved. :lol:

Xavier

I still prefer to think it has been cloned by Richard Attenborough and is out there somewhere, on a remote island...

I'll shut up now :lol:

Steve