Open day, Saturday 9th of June 2007

Mike King

Once again, you are all invited to my open day. Hopefully there should be no mishaps with the spring and the plants should be in peak condition. There are now 5 greenhouses up and one greenhouse has been extended by 2m so there will be plenty of new plants and an expanded setup to see. There will of course be plenty of plants for sale and please feel free to bring your own to sell and swap on the day.

Please email me if you would like to come with numbers so we can get the food in. Also, I can provide a list of B&Bs. On the Sunday, we can do a field trip to Wem moss common (bring wellies!) where one can find all 3 Drosera species.

An evening trip to a restaurant on the Saturday is planned as it was a great success last year.

Should be a lot of fun!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Mike, I don't know if I will be able to make the evening at the restaurant but Dave and I hope to be able to at least make it on the Saturday afternoon this year. :)

I'll be there again one way or another Mike.

Had an unscheduled change of van a couple of months ago (Bigger, Faster and more economical.

May stay for the weekend IF I go in the van but don't worry about B&B as I'll be happy in one of the greenhouses cuddled up to one of the L9's :shock:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

I want to join too for the open day and the field trip. (2 persons)

It could be there will be around 20 people coming from mainland Europe! Hopefully the weather will be good! I will be getting a list of bed & breakfasts in the Telford area together andI will be able to send it to anyone interested.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi I will be attending the open day and I am looking for pinguicula and drosera with location info.

I am also looking for all white leuco.

has anyone spare plants that could be brought to the open day?

please contact me by PM or mail

I am sorry to inform that due to some personal agenda problems I will not be able to attend this years open day. This would be my 6th summer open day at Mike's on a row. I will miss the day, plants and people!

I am serious in coming to the Autumn open day instead.

ps: I already sent you an email Mike.

I am as of right now figuring out the best and most affordable way to get to you Mike..

If things go as planned, i'll just be able to make it togheter with my Wife!!(Alltough she wondered if i wouldend like to bring my oldest daughter instead...)

Anyway, it looks like it's gonna be an adventurous trip :lol: ..Train,Boat,Train again, bus or taxi..it's got it all!!

The Harwich-Telford trip by train is a great way to see some senics as well i hope..this is also important for us.

Plane is very boring..as you hardly see anything nice in the countryside..train is much better..

Anyway..i'm putting in some work to get it all arranged..i'm really crossing fingers here :!:

Danny...