Kimberley D. Indica flowers

Dan

Hi all,

Craig and I did another extended hike (27 days, 230 km) in the remote Kimberley of the NW of Australia last August. This time in NE Kimberley. It had been a large and late wet season so a lot of CPs were still in growth and flower. One thing that struck us was the enormous diversity in the form and colour of Drosera indica flowers. In contrast to our walk last year, most of the plants this year were green (no red to speak of) but the flowers made up for that. Here are a few.

Standard pink form:

1IMG_0244.JPG

A larger-petal fancier pink form:

2IMG_6316.JPG

Standard orange form:

3IMG_0246.JPG

A beautiful hybrid between pink and orange forms that we like to call "Kimberley Rose":

4IMG_6328.JPG

5IMG_0241.JPG

A quite curious pink form with frilly petals and pink stigmas:

6IMG_0904.JPG

A pale pink form with a flower looking more like a petiolaris complex sundew than an indica:

7IMG_6281.JPG

Pure white version of the above:

8IMG_6933.JPG

Cheers,

Dan.

I'm a fan of the frilly pink one too. Great shots Dan.

While wating for a chiropractic appointment late last year I was flicking through a copy of an Australian Geographic magazine they happened to have lying around. I was surprised to come across a couple of familiar faces in one of the articles. Excellent work on getting an article published covering your last trip to the Kimberley. Pity they only gave you a couple of pages and couldn't sneak in any CP shots.

Did you find any Utricularia species this time round?