N.hookeriana almost white

Robert

Hi all,this morning i visited a nearby area where there are many logging roads.Most neps are very common but i would like to share this little bit uncommon hookeriana in the wild,maybe.

The size is not big as compared to other hookeriana varieties. Judging from the plant they appear to be at a young stage-no long vines. One interesting feature is the light red tinge on the inner peristome. Probably this was a hybrid between green amp. and typical rafflesiana ( the lower with strip red peristome and red speckled pitcher while the upper has plan green and very light red strip peristome). These 2 are the most common neps.within this area.

living next to N.gracilis

DSC_3600.jpg

close up of the foliages and pitchers

DSC_3602.jpg

the peristome

DSC_36061.jpg

a common red spot/green form

DSC_3621.jpg

its environment

DSC_3626.jpg

A gift from nature :D

The bark of the tree,local native called Lukai has mosquitoes,and most insects, repellent properties. Once lighted it produces a scented aroma and lots of fumes.

DSC_3599.jpg

A merrry X'mas and happy New Year to all readers

Robert

Guest Andreas Eils

Ahhh...I must admit that I love that almost white colouration most on this hybrid. In opposite my specimen´s pitchers are heavily blotched in two different tones of red - some kind of "tricolor" if you want so. :D

Thanks for posting!

Carnivorous Christmas and a Happy Newyear to you, too! But you don´t celebrate Christmas on Sarawak, do you? :?

Andreas

hi all, thanks for the reply.

Manders, the main tap root penetrate below the soil surface.How far i'm not very sure. But it holds firmly on the ground whereas the smaller fibrous roots grow laterally along the surface,just beneath the peat and humus.

Andreas,like most christian,i do celebrate though not a white X'mas.Also it's going to church and visiting relative and friends.

Robert

The rafflesiana parent really shows in the spotted form. I like it.

It doesn't seem that this hybrid produces pitchers from the ground like gracilis x ampularia does or does it? Genetics is strange thing. :elephant: