Mysterious Drosera sp. in Zambia

Thank you for posting photos of the flowers! Now I can say that this mysterious Drosera indeed IS related to D. madagascariensis!

The flowers are very similar to those of the bigger forms of D. madagascariensis, even if the vegetative parts of that Drosera are totally different.

And it's not D. pilosa, you were right, Matt! ;)

All the best,

Andreas

Now I can say that this mysterious Drosera indeed IS related to D. madagascariensis!

The flowers are very similar to those of the bigger forms of D. madagascariensis, even if the vegetative parts of that Drosera are totally different.

Yes, that is what first came into my thought, and I have to note that this species has virtical pistils while D. madagascariensis complex have those almost horizontal. Can this happen within a group of closely-related species?

What does the base of the scape look like? Is it ascending or erect?

Well, I have uploaded the pics that show how it looks:

M_Miyamoto_Zambia_2005_4.JPG

M_Miyamoto_Zambia_2005_5.JPG

M_Miyamoto_Zambia_2005_6.JPG

Wow, thanks for the amazing pics! What long & robust scapes for such small rosettes! The base looks like it's slightly ascending... Is this plant still in cultivation in Japan (or elsewhere)?

Take Care,

Fernando Rivadavia

Wow, thanks for the amazing pics! What long & robust scapes for such small rosettes! The base looks like it's slightly ascending... Is this plant still in cultivation in Japan (or elsewhere)?

Take Care,

Fernando Rivadavia

Well, it was once in cultivation in Japan at least, but I am not sure what has become of the plants.

Did yu ask Miyamoto-san if the clones he brought are still in cultivation somewhere?

Fernando Rivadavia

I hear that, by 1999, the plants in cultivation had already been lost except for one, so I feel that now it is too difficult to find any cultivated plants of the species.

• 4 years later...