CP expeditions?

Tim

Tamlin, why do you say you'll probably never see CPs in Brazil? You could get there and back for 1000 dollars. All you have to do is to sell 20 bucks worth of plants to 100 people to cover the costs of airline tickets and inland travel, food etc..

January is my slow time, and I'd be interested in going. I think someone could get there money back just in the contacts made there. We get a bunch of plants (legally) and pool our resources to get the plants quaranteened and one sends the other's plants on once back in North America.

All we'd need is a half dozen people, to cover lots of area keep prices for transport reasonable, etc.., a guide like the good doctor and pup tents and sleeping bags.

What do the rest of you think? I'm more than half interested. Even Mexico, if we could find a good guide to places. I speak Spanish, and we could drive there in a day from my house.

Oh well. I'm still in correspondence about that plant in Papua New Guinea, but the conversation I had a few months ago with the guy I stayed with makes me even more determined not to go back, what with the violence. It would be fun to go to some underexplored area with a good guide. Perhaps the good doctor is looking for an assistant next excursion to Mexico. Porters, btw, are usually pretty cheap, if you decide you need them. I would guess at a per diem of about 30 dollars per day for everything in most third world countries including food. We had a full time servant in SA and she was about 4 dollars per day.

Yeah great Tim, I am supposed to be heading that way some time next year. What have you heard that I should know about??

Tamlin the trip to see D indica in Sumba isn't at all dangerous, it's just a pain in the posterioir to get there and possibly a lot of fooling around trying to find it. It's a big island. If you ever get the urge to visit this corner of the world and look for indica, let me know in advance and I'll make the time to come along.

Cheers, Troy.

Hey, Troy, I'm still waiting for one more letter before contacting you again. In the mean time, the only thing I know is that the area is even less travelled now, as a "short cut" road redirects the already limited traffic away from that boggy area.

Regards