Some of my CPs

Nothing too exciting; mostly all common plants.

D. muscipula from Home Depot

VenusFlyTrap.jpg

D. muscipula 'Dutch'

Dionaeamuscipuladutch.jpg

S. purpurea

Sarraceniapurpurea.jpg

S. 'Dana's Delight'

SarraceniaDanasDelight.jpg

P. primuliflora

Pingprimuliflora.jpg

P. onlywalmartknows

PingWalmart.jpg

N. ventricosa

Nepenthesventricosa.jpg

D. graminifolia - It isn't liking the hot North Carolina weather too much. I'm hoping it will do better this fall/winter. It has plenty of dew and all, but the tips of the leaves start to die soon after they uncurl.

Droseragraminifolia.jpg

Droseragraminifoliacloseup.jpg

A few of many seeds that I have sprouting. These are D. capensis "Red"

Droseracapensisred.jpg

Hopefully I can get an ID on my Walmart Ping when it blooms.

Great looking plants! Um.... are you sure that it is a D. graminifolia and not a D. filiformis, though?

This is mine, started from seeds, 2 years ago:

AF002101.jpg

But it only has leaves at most 3/4" long.

Here is a D. filiformis (California Sunset), started from a leaf cutting, again, in stages:

D_filiformis.jpg

D_filiformis_California_Sunset.jpg

s_Wed_086.jpg

Nice plants Jim!

I purchased my D. graminifolia from a 'store' on eBay. I received my Dana's Delight and P. primuliflora from that seller as well. The other plants sold seemed to be named correctly. Is there anyway to be sure? Here is a bad picture of the plant in bloom. This was the plant a few weeks after I received it.

D-1.jpg

Here's a picture of a D. adelae that I bought at Lowes on discount. It barely had any green left, now I have seven plantlets and the main plant survived. The main plant is at the top center. The top is starting to produce new green leaves with dew. Three plantlets can be seen; the rest are in another pot.

D.jpg

P. onlywalmartknows

LOL!

/shrug, I thought it was fitting Lol!

P. onlywalmartknows

LOL!

One thing is for sure, Walmart employees would be totally clueless, just as those from H.D. & Lowes.

I had blackening tips from a D. petiolaris-dilatato plant I received this spring, presumably from the reaction to a differing environment than which it was cultivated. Moving it around may have exacerbated the situation, at least until I provided acceptable conditions. The leaves stopped dying at the tips, but it still doesn't look as nice as it did when I received it, and it is a far cry from what it should look like. I wish I could point to the cause of the blackening tips, or a solution. I just don't know. Obviously, it is reacting to something in its environment (temps, humidity, media quality, light, water?) Well... I do have an idea. Did this occur soon after putting the plant in its current location? It could be a case of too much change or too much light too fast.

Man, that purpurea is gorgeous!

I've had the D. graminifolia for awhile; probably for a few months now. It's grown several new leaves (and it's bloomed too). They all continue to turn black shortly after they uncurl. Unfortunately the blackening continues until the entire leaf is gone. By then though, a couple new leaves have grown to take it's place. The only thing I can think of is the heat. I would think it would be settled into it's new growing conditions by now, and just the heat is affecting it. It regularly stays in the 90's here with high humidity. It's hit well over 100 degrees this summer more times than I care to remember. I'm hoping it will improve this fall and winter when the temperature starts to cool off.

Jim would you believe the S. purpurea only had a couple pitchers when I got it, and they were mostly green? It's amazing what the proper conditions can do to a plant.

Thanks Rob-Rah for the ID confirmation. If it starts to look better this fall, and doesn't go into dormancy, I'll know for sure it's a D. graminifolia. I'll try to remember to post a follow up on it once the temps cool off here.

Crystal

Jim would you believe the S. purpurea only had a couple pitchers when I got it, and they were mostly green? It's amazing what the proper conditions can do to a plant.

Your D. gram... is just amazing! Mine are sooooo puny! Gives me something to look forward to someday. So is the S. purpurea.

Yes... proper conditions.... and a dose of stability. This is where your climate works to your advantage and mine needs extra effort, especially for the winter. You grow, girl! :D

Your unknown ping is P. 'Titan'. Also, I had the same problem with my D. gramnifolia for a while. But for some reason while I was gone in july with it being 100 degrees....it got over it and now it is putting out leaves like crazy and keeps them for a good while. It flowered back in july also. I really need to take some new pictures. Alot of my plants took off during the summer. I came back to my N. ventricosa with HUGE pitchers. But, my P. grandiflora died :shock:. But I now have P. leptoceras and P. ionantha. Plus I got a toad that keeps coming into my pots every night, which I am still trying to figure out how it gets into them. Wow, I think I spelled some things wrong, but Im to tired to look how to spell them right now.