Sundews, animals

Hi,

I have been visiting at local site recently. If the animal pics (at the end of this post) are a bit too off-topic, just let me know, and I'll remove them.

Example of the habitat.

droshab1.jpg

Misc. Drosera

dros1.jpg

dros2.jpgdros3.jpg

'Don't play with your food'

dros4.jpg

dros5.jpgdros8.jpg

dros6.jpg

dros7.jpg

Dactylorhiza sp.

dactylorhiza.jpg

The animals

Adder - Vipera berus

adder.jpg

Frog - Rana temporaria (or arvalis)

frog.jpg

Toad - Bufo bufo

toad.jpg

The tiny froglet cooperated much better than the other two during photography.

froglet.jpg

Regards,

Christer

Guest Sheila

Excellent pictures. I love the one of the rotundifolia leaves fighting over the crane fly :lol:

The animal pictures are all part of the habitat so definitely not off topic. :roll:

Thanks,

I uploaded, but managed to miss to include this spider which stopped me in the tracks while I was looking for plants. The biggest I have seen - more the 5 cm i diameter (incl. legs). I know that is nothing like what can be found in many other countries, but it's pretty big up here in the north.

Dolomedes fimbriatus

dolomedes.jpg

Regards,

Christer

Incredibly crisp & clear shots with a great depth of field. You could have moved the grass away from the snake to give us a better look though. :roll:

We get similar looking spiders down here. The ones that I've seen live near rivers and creeks and are quite adept at running across the surface of the water. I don't mind the larger spiders, they are easier to see and avoid than most of the smaller ones.

• 2 months later...

Great Pics

Love the pic of the adder

Wish we had rotundifolia and anglia - much better than my local cps - IMO anyhow .

Everybody always says how great we've got it for cps - but personally you guys have the edge over my part of Australia for cps ( NSW )- maybe not quantity but for quality IMO.

Thanks for posting - beautifully coloured plants .

Regards Belinda