S.purpurea in the Lake District

well if those purist want to remove those Sarracenias the should start first with those ugly sprucetrees in the back. They are not natives there either. For God sake leave those Sarracenias there as long as they do not any harm to the rest of the bog. Or thin them out a bit if there are going to be to manny.

Regards,

Alexander

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...
pheasants are a real pest. the release pens destroy native flora, and the birds themselves are omnivorous, hoovering up anything they find from seeds to rare invertebrates and mice, so have a big impact on local biodiversity. around here they are released by the tens of thousands....I would love to see pheasant releases banned, and they hardly breed by themselves so would soon die out.

Im a part time gamekeeper myself and you wouldnt believe how well the 'wild' game stock breed throughout the breeding season.

Well in the Netherlands a lot of pheasants are eaten by foxes and other predators. And also hunted, very good to eat. About those Sarracenias, in Switzerland they grow as far as I know in a protected area. And they leave them there as far as I know.

Alexander

Well in the Netherlands a lot of pheasants are eaten by foxes and other predators. And also hunted, very good to eat. About those Sarracenias, in Switzerland they grow as far as I know in a protected area. And they leave them there as far as I know.

Alexander

At some places yes, but there are also S. purpurea locations in Switzerland where plants are digged out and brought to a botanical garden...

Edited by TheCarnifreak