Today out in The Broads.... at last!!!! U.vulgaris

I spent this morning at an "Aquatic plant identification" class, more Tea, Coffee and chat than ID :D

We did a bit of Lab work and then went for a short field trip, literally. I had been saying.... 'I have yet to see Utrics in the wild, I've got them at home and I've seen Drosera and Pings but never Utrics'

The rest of the group were very pleased to point these ones out :D

About 300m, yes I do mean 300m!, of Dyke brimming with Water Soldier (Stratiotes aloides), flowering Frogbit (Hydrocharis morsus-ranae) and a few plants of Utricularia vulgaris in the rudest of health.

Uvulgaris-1-14072006-sml.jpg

All those yellow dots are Utric flower!

Uvulgaris-2-14072006-sml.jpg

Uvulgaris-3-14072006-sml.jpg

Uvulgaris-4-14072006-sml.jpg

I was allowed to take a couple of growth points, from the ID samples, to grow at home :D

Guest Aidan
I was allowed to take a couple of growth points, from the ID samples, to grow at home :D

I expect to see U. vulgaris - Norfolk Broads in circulation sometime soon then! :D

nice one bob.. you will have to give me a tour :D

Anytime...... whilst they are flowering that is :D

well done!

I can only take credit for the photo, everyone else saw them before me, but then I was looking at some Lesser Water Parsnip :D

very nice photos Bob - and striking contrast between the red scape and the yellow flowers. I do love the 'standard' Utrics - very pretty.

And as for the Lesser Water Parsnip :D