What do you look like?

gooner

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pleased to make your acquaintance, Tim. Good luck beating the mold to those cultures. I know I'll need it. ;)

Aaron,

I'm in the center holding the crestate D. rotundifolia from N. Calif and the D. capillaris x rotundifolia 'EverGrow.' Ivan Snyder, who made the hybrid and grew both plants, is on the left.

Thanks to Ed, Ivan, Michael, Tom, et al for a great meeting and loads of plants. There were over 30 people in attendance! Standing room only.

I am thoroughly jealous of you guys who live at least in the same state as a Carnivorous Plant Society. I live in Utah and I would have to travel to either Colorado for their society, or to California's bundle of options. But, I wish there was one within a few hours drive. I've only heard of one man on the web who grows CPs out here in Utah. That man has already moved to California. Sigh... :D

Anyhow, where can i host a picture for free? I got some pics i wanted to put online, but everywhere i find includes either paying, or spamming the viewer really bad with ads!

Odysseus - You will have to start your own society. There has got to be more than just you in Utah. It's a big place! :mrgreen:

Yeah...of course you've got to be right, Aidan. Hmmm....How do I find them....I have been on Petflytrap here and there, but my favorite posters there are posters always here so this is my CP home. I should post here and there to see if anyone would be interested in a Utah Society. That could find those few Utahns interested. I sure hope there are more than I fear. I feel inspired to do so, thanks Aidan! :D/

Jeremiah,

How recent was that? It looks like Peter's new location in Sebastopol. I have a trip to Monterey next month when I too will visit Peter's California Carnivores! I am really excited, it's almost a trip to Mecca for me! :D My wife on the other hand supports me, but is not sharing the same enthusiasm. :D

Trojon, All of a sudden everything makes complete sense!!! :D

Odysseus, are their any gardening magazines, papers or similar where you are? You could always set up a yahoo group and advertise it. I am sure you can't be the only one!