"low sodium" water or "no sodium"water?

Guest plantkidbonsai

Guest plantkidbonsai

hello, i am new at collecting venusflytraps and had a question regarding the type of water to use.i was reading on a website that if i have to use bottled water to make sure that it is labeled "low sodium". i used water that was bottled on my VFTs but was labeled "no sodium" is having low sodium better than having no sodium? will water from those gallon water refill stations work? when looking for waterat the storewhat specific labeling should i look for?

http://www.californiacarnivores.com/vft_growing_tips.htm

"Most tap and well water contain too many minerals to be used for venus flytraps. It is therefore best to collect rainwater for your plant, or use purified water such as distilled, de-ionized or reverse-osmosis water. Avoid bottled "drinking" water, unless it is specifically labeled "low sodium". Allowing tap water to sit a day or two will only allow chlorine to dissipate, leaving minerals behind, so stick with the purified water."

if this is bad would you recomend i remove this "no sodium" water?"

well, sorry for all the questions, thanks

"No sodium" H2O is better as there is no sodium at all in it. That's assuming they didn't put something else in it to "improve" the flavor as pure water is a bit tasteless. If you can find distilled or reverse osmosis (RO) H2O it would be better. You can also use rain water if you can find a source that doesn't have a lot of dirt or debree from the roof in it.

The gallon refill station may dispense RO or deionized water. Check the display carefully to see if it states what kind of purifying process it uses. If it's RO or deionized water, then you've struck paydirt and have it made. The dispensing machine is usually the cheepest source of pure water. If you have to buy jugs of water off the shelf, make sure they are distilled or deionized water or RO purified and don't have anything added to improve the flavor. Get whichever is cheepest. Unlike people, plants aren't impressed by a fancy name on the lable. They only care that it's pure.