What Camera do you use for taking CP photos?

Perhaps not exactly what you thought.

A small sample of the 'spares'.

Cams.jpg

:yes:

I see...a compulsive collecting disorder then? :yes:

• 2 weeks later...
A small sample of the 'spares'.

Cams.jpg

:wink:

Fred, you're a man after my own heart. I have a fair sized collection of vintage cameras too. I started collecting them about 25 years ago. Unfortunately mine have been stuck in a box in the loft for years because we've got nowhere to display them.

I must get the down and remind myself how much I love them! :oops:

Very cool collection, by the way!!

Edited by Loakesy

• 1 month later...

Thanks to everyone for their advice.I had no idea which camera to buy and after reading this thread ive decided to opt for an 8 mp cannon powershot s515 as a christmas present to myself.So hopefully i will be posting some decent shots after christmas.Once ive worked out how to use it that is!

Gary

• 4 weeks later...
hei guys

i have [i question that maybe is dumb biggrin.gif ]

i have a sony dsc h7 camera

i saw this kind of filters http://f64.ro/det.php?id=186&pid=2867

can i use them? ofcourse with a suitable step ring ?

thank you

if they fit on your lens I see no reason why not. I have used these on a 35mm SLR with great success in the past, but never a digital camera...

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

UPDATE: After my son killed my Dimage G600 last year, I switched to a more versatile camera: I now use a Pentax K10D with a variety of Sigma and Zeiss/Hasselblad lenses as well as half a foot's worth of extension tubes.

I shoot most macros with a Sigma 105 mm macro lens; sometimes with a Zeiss/Hasselblad 60mm f/3.5 Distagon C.

Here are a few samples:

http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=30023

http://two-ton.blogspot.com/2008_09_18_archive.html

But at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter. It's YOU who takes the pictures, not that box :-) (Yes, I've said that before, but it's worth repeating)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

My first pictures were taken with a compact camera Canon PowerShot G5 a few more close-up filters and also a 50mm lens adapted reversed ...

My current camera equipment consists of a DSLR camera Canon EOS 40D, various Sigma lenses (105mm F2.8 Macro, 24-70mm F2.8 Macro, 70-300mm F4-5.6 Macro, 10-20 F4-5.6), an objective Canon 50mm F1.8, a Kenko 2x teleconverter, a Kenko kit of extension tubes, a Flash-Ring SIGMA EM-140 Macro and a flash Canon Speedlite 580EX II.

Sarracenialeuciphyllacompercevejos1.jpg

Aldrovandaalevinmaio008007.jpg

AldrovandaAlexabril2008001.jpg

Droseraburmaniabril2008093b.jpg

Byblisliniflorajan2008201.jpg

Utriculariaochroleuca1.jpg

Utricularia005.jpg

Edited by Alex Kawazaki

• 4 months later...

Most of mine with a Pentax K-m (K-2000), with a SMC-Pentax M 50mm f4 Macro lens. This is only a 1:2 macro, so I use extension tubes for ultra-close shots.

Edited by MFS

Just recently got a Nikon D300s and a Tamron 90mm f2.8. Haven't had much chance to muck around with it yet though.

• 5 months later...

Pentax K-7 DSLR for a nearly two months - now i wait to have enough money for buying tripod during a spring time... hope i buy some macro lens in summer to get even better photos (mostly because of utricularia flowers).

EDIT: Before DSLR it was Nokia N95 :biggrin: ...

Edited by Miloslav Macháček