Sign in to follow this  
Erodium

Pinguicula vallisneriifolia in Cazorla (Spain)

Hello,

It was a little bit late in the season but it was great so see how well this plant is doing in some of its locations. :)

Cheers,

Pablo

Vallisneriifolia1.jpg

Vallisneriifolia2.jpg

Vallisneriifolia3.jpg

Very nice pictures!

I was unfamiliar with that species - I'll have to keep an eye out for any chances to try growing it.

setep

Very nice indeed. I'll have to try and get some hybernacula of that one and try it here.

Hi Pablo,

Those are amazing photos! :lol: The plants almost look like carpets of seaweed hanging from the rocks there - wonderful! Thanks for sharing. :D

Hi Pablo,

Absolutely stunning photos. Thanks ofr sharing. Where abouts in Spain is Cazorla?

Greg, Cazorla is the name of group of mountains (Sierra) in the province of Jaen, in the south of Spain.

¡Impresionante!

En la última foto, ¿todo eso verde que se mira al fondo (como si fuese hierba) son Pinguiculas tamién? Si es así hay cientos :P

Yes Julio Alberto all that "grass" are pings. Bonito eh?

Pablo

Hi Pablo,

Just out of interest - what altitude (i.e. metres above sea level) are these plants growing at?

Also, what are the black spots on the leaves in the second photo (with the close-up of the flower) ? Initially I thought they were captured insects, but on a closer look they look like something else (too "flat" and "fuzzy" to be prey?), so now I'm not so sure - maybe a fungus or something similar? Just curious... :wink:

Once again, they are wonderful photos. :wink: