Arisaema costatum

Jonathan

I posted pictures of this plant last year, but couldn't resist a repeat cos it's so spectacular!

costatum.jpg

A view looking up - excuse the dodgy washing line (!)

costatum2.jpg

costatum3.jpg

And a couple of shots of one of the Gunnera - looking like it might beat last year's leaves by some distance....

gunnera.jpg

And an overwintered Banana - the first leaves this year have been badly shredded by the house-height Black Bamboo growing next to it, but they're splendid while they're pristine.

banana.jpg

Now if only we get some of the rain you Westerners are hogging, the last two might really take off :lol:

I like the Arisaemas (Arisaemi ??? ;-) ). Yours looks quite tall if the Alliums are anything to go by.

ARen't Gunnera magnificent, if prickly?

Do you have to wrap up your Banana? Or is it pot grown?

Very nice plant, not only weird, but beautiful colours too. I got a thing for bizarre looking plants, and the aroid world seems to be a gold mine in that respect. :lol:

I got me a Typhonium venosum bulb earlier this year and I'm patiently waiting for the flower to develop. I wish I had more growing space... Thanks for the photos.

Regards,

Christer

I like the Arisaemas (Arisaemi ??? ;-) ). Yours looks quite tall if the Alliums are anything to go by.

ARen't Gunnera magnificent, if prickly?

Do you have to wrap up your Banana? Or is it pot grown?

The Alliums (Allia? :lol: ) are a short stemmed species (A. christophii) albeit with huge globular heads.

The Banana is out all-year. Now it's so big, after 3 or 4 yrs outside, I construct a cylinder of chicken wire around it, supported by vertical canes, and stuff with straw.

I do love Gunnera although I do feel a bit pulled in two directions - on the one hand, the pond is mostly planted with UK natives, but on the other the Gunnera and Thalia dealbata seem to have crept in to remind me of South America :lol:

The Banana is out all-year. Now it's so big, after 3 or 4 yrs outside, I construct a cylinder of chicken wire around it, supported by vertical canes, and stuff with straw.

What species it it?