Sign in to follow this  
2LAP

Envirolights

Hi All

While searching the web I came across these... Envirolight. They seem to be a good option for growing under lights. Does anyone have any experience of these or any comments on their suitability for CPs?

Thanks

Guest Aidan

One thing to consider is size. The lamps may be rather larger than you think. They are about the length of your forearm and are meant to be used mounted horizontally beneath a reflector.

http://www.envirolites.co.uk/index.html

I expect that they would be very good for growing plants under. The cannabis growers appear to think so! :oops:

2lap hi,

I have been using one of these lights for the past two or three months. A 125w envirolite with hooded reflector. It cost less than £50 all together off the inter web.

My neps are thriving under it. It sits about 8 inches off the top off the plants and does not create to much heat. I have the blue version for vegetive growth. It definately works but it may be worth reading the previous threads on other compact flourescents as it may work out cheaper.

anyways, good luck with the growing!

regards.

Stu.

I use one of these on my "hot bright" tank (2' x 1' x 1'). Petiolaris dews are raised up near the light and do very well. Light-loving neps are 10-12" below and also like it.