Compact florourecent lighting

Hi all

I just got finished with the lighting of my new terrarium and Im not sure if the light is sufficient enuf. I have 2 25 watt equivelent to 100 watt floroucent compact bulbs over the top of the tank with no reflecting material on the sides or back. Is this enuf? 50watt total? I have a raff, bical, ventrat,ventricosa,coccinea,and a ceph. Is the lighting enuf for these? By the way the lights are about 5-6 inches away from the plants. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Ten gallon tanks are 24"x12" OR 60cmx30cm (LxW). -Five- gallon tanks are 15"x8" (sometimes 15"x9") OR 37cmx22cm/24cm

A "regular" tank hood, fitted with two "curly" compact flourescents in the 19-23w range will provide you with about 2200 lumens, give or take. Cool white lights produce happier plants, and produce a "cleaner" light.

23w lights barely fit in a standard hood, while 19w lights do scrape the reflector a bit, but fit in nicely once they're actually in the socket.

Since aquarium hoods are made to cope with a little bit of moisture, they are less prone to fizzling out in a spray of sparks, but you still have to watch them carefully.

A sheet of plexiglass, cut to provide a vent, acts as a nice light guard.

In marine coral keeping (which requires fairly intense light) 2x20W over a five gallon is "Medium"

4x20W would be "High"

A 70w Metal Halide would be "Perfect" ;)

Though a 70w Metal Halide will probably burn most plants unless it's kept high above them.

I suggest using 2-3 20w compact flourescents. It should be more than enough to keep everything deep red and chipper.