CPs in the wild in S.America

Hello to everyone!

Every once in a while I remember to send Bob Ziemer some pics of native S.American CPs for his fantastic CP Photo Finder. If any of you wanna check out pics of Drosera, Utrics & Genlisea, click on the link below:

http://www.humboldt.edu/~rrz7001/Rivadavia/

Enjoy,

Fernando Rivadavia

Hi,

:D AMAZING :D

Do you have some spare plants of the D. hirticalyx :mrgreen: .

I definitely go in summer or winter next year to Venezuela on the Mount Roraima. Hope I also will see such breathtaking plants like you!

Congratiolations... :D

Ohhh the D. hirticalyx is my favorite Sundew!!!

Best Regards, Moritz

Hi Fernando,

Those are stunning photos - thanks for posting the link! :P

Of course, my favourites are the Drosera, especially D.hirticalyx, and in particular D.meristocaulis. My top vote would go to this stunning photo of D.meristocaulis in flower:

http://www.humboldt.edu/~rrz7001/Rivadavia..._Neblina_10.jpg

Thanks again. :D

Thanks Fernando ! Those are some awesome photos. It's not a wonder why Drosera is my favorite genus. I've got a new favorite everyday, no thanks to you !! I'll just take one or three of each..... (drool) Thanks for sharing the photos.

Thanks guys!! ;-)

Those huge D.hirticalyx are truly amazing, but my favorite is of course D.meristocaulis! :):) Although pretty widespread in S.Venezuela bordering Brazil, D.hirticalyx only seems to form such robust plants with tall columns on Cerro Marahuaka.

More soon!! ;)

Fernando Rivadavia

I think Fernando's too busy jerkin around on forums like this one and the CP listserv to have time to write articles anymore. Hahaha. Yeah, I think that would be a great idea too, if the article wasn't delayed by technicalities. (Sorry Barry and Jan, if you're reading this!)

So, now that they have Google maps and satellite and whatever else that other thing was with the side view of mountains, is it possible there's "another Neblina" waiting to be discovered? (For those who don't know, nobody even knew Neblina was there until like the 50's or 60's - or even 70s?!?! - cause it was always covered in mist! - or so goes the story I read)

Hi guys,

Just to clear things up: I've never seen live D.cendeensis. Those pics were taken by a Venezuelan botanist.

As for D.meristocaulis: yes I intend to write something. In fact there are several articles in the works involving these and other species (especially new ones). But I really want to publish something soon on the phylogeny of D.meristocaulis together with 2 friends... ;)

Take care,

Fernando Rivadavia

• 2 weeks later...