Drosera ericksoniae

Numbersix

Im fairly new to CP in particular the pygmy Drosera. I have just got hold of gemmae of 4 different pygmy drosera in which one was a ericksoniae pulchella cross. I already have a specimen of D. ericksoniae bought in august from Hewitt-Cooper plants but it does not appear to have produced any gemmae. Should it be producing them? Should I have inflicted a dryer period on it to stimulate this? any advice would be welcomed.

Rich :?

I have several species and crosss of pigmy dews, most of which were sprouted last spring. I never did induce a drier summer period. They all flowered and they all produced gemmae. Is it possible that you are not recognizing the gemmae in their crowns? Does it look darker in the centre or have a fishscale look about it? Try using a toothpick on the centre to see if anything jumps out.

Had a look for gemmae today and found just 2! Doesnt seem like a very good crop to me. Had a very close look under the mag glass but thats my lot apparently. What would each head normally produce? Only one head had come up with these 2.

On the plus side the old flower heads I removed were full of seeds, hopefully viable. Any tips or are they easy to germinate?

Rich :?: