Diamond Head - nth coast NSW

Hi

Just come back form 2 wks fishing and bushwalking at diamond head on the nth coast of NSW.

Didnt find alot of cps - :shock: - the fishing was too good - spent most of our time standing in the surf fishing .

How ever we did find a few small colonies .

A view from our 4wd on the way to fishing spot along a local beach

DSCF3513.jpg

A view from the headland - where we found the isolated cp colony

DSCF3509.jpg

the cp shots - interesting form of spatulata i think ? -

DSCF3543.jpg

DSCF3541.jpg

DSCF3540.jpg

DSCF3539.jpg

DSCF3538.jpg

DSCF3532.jpg

It is a very beautiful spot - particularly if you like fishing and hiking.

regards Belinda

Nice shots Belinda. Which town is Diamond Head nearest to? I haven't heard of it before.

Jonathon, you don't need to head out into the bush to find honeyeaters, my back and front yards are full of them- as are most others around here. One of my cats brought one to the front doorstep only yesterday. :lol:

If you were fishing in the surf at the north coast of NSW I'll have a guess at- whiting, bream, flathead and dart. Any others?

Guest Sheila

I can't believe that in the sort of tempertures Oz is experiencing at the moment, the beach is deserted!! :wink: Over here the sun just has to show its face and you have to fight for space to put the deckchairs. Then again we don't have sharks or Blue ringed Octopus to worry about.

Sheila, once you get away from the cities there is a hell of a lot of beaches and relatively few people. It isn't difficult to find a stretch of beach all for yourself. But on a 40+ degree day, the full exposure of a beach is not often the best place to be.

Hi

Seans right with the temp reaching 45c on one day - most people are either indoors or in the pub .

We also caught tailor and a sort of trevally possibly golden trevally as well as the species you mentioned sean .

we tried for jews off the breakwall with livebait but best we could manage was a couple of moray eels :wink:

I had great fun beach worming .

We also got the 4wd bogged in the sand at one point with waves lapping only about 15ft away - funny later but scary at the time ( forgot to let air out of tyres ).(picture whole family on hands and knees frantically digging the wheels out )

Diamond Head is near Lauieton ( abt 40mins from port macquarie).

Even during holiday season you can still find deserted beaches- makes for good fishing if your into that ( we are mad about fishing ).

Happy new year to everyone regards Belinda

I love fishing myself and have made a few trips up to the South West Rocks area over the years. The whole region up there is fantastic and the beach fishing is superb.

Jonathon, you don't need to head out into the bush to find honeyeaters, my back and front yards are full of them- as are most others around here. One of my cats brought one to the front doorstep only yesterday. :wink:

Ah, but which species? :wink:

Australia has some great birds - almost 70 Honeyeaters alone. That makes 30 I've yet to see.... must be time for a second visit :D