U. chrysantha

byblis

The four-lobed structure of the lower lip can be seen as an indication for chrysantha, though it's a quite variable species I think.

Here's a picture of my clone I got from Christian Klein this year, maybe you already know this one:

chrysantha7xm.jpg

Regards

Martin

Hello Stefan!

Yes, it's U. chrysantha, a very nice atypical form!

Of all 8 yellow-flowered Utricularia species occuring in N-Australia, U. chrysantha hits your plant the most ;-). Indeed U. chrysantha is a highly variable species (thus having a long list of synonym names) and lobing of lower lip may vary a lot.

One strange thing: Your plant seems to have one flower only? U. chrysantha is reported to have several flowers in a scape, but as in a few other Utrics, flowers of your U. chrysantha may follow one after another!

Keep spreading this nice flowered form!

Andreas

Hello Stefan,

is this the plant from me?

@ Andreas: My plants are also flowering now, and there are more than one flower per scape. When I remember correct, then sometimes the other flowers follow later after the first one.

Here are some pics of my plants, maybe I will take some more soon where you can see the scape:

http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/viewtopic.p...&highlight=

Keep spreading this nice flowered form!

I have some spares of it at the moment, if somebody is interested...

Regards,

Markus