P.corsica in Habitat

Thanks all!

@ Vic:

P.corsica f. pallidula seems not to be a real Variant. Oliver Gluch told me that there are non of them at all. Just sometimes grows a white flower but this doesn´t stay so over longer times (so it´s not a permanent genetic thing)

But I´ll hald my P.corsica f. pallidula under this name, until I have checked this.

Cheers,

Valentin

Hi Valentin,

This is not an albinos variant very rare you are right but a pale population from a precise location in Corsica island with many pale specimen among "normal" specimens hence the "forma" epithet

Have a look here : http://www.omnisterra.com/botany/cp/pictur...j/pics/8205.jpg

and read this :

http://www.omnisterra.com/botany/cp/pictur...cu/sj/70153.htm

The only albino forma meaning absolutely white, I know in the temperate Pinguicula, is the P. grandiflora forma chionopetra and it is a variant appearing very rarely among normal populations. Oliver is right BUT the pale forma of P. corsica is as common as the f. pallida of P. grandiflora among normal population of P. grandiflora subsp. grandiflora in Jura, France So even if Oliver is a very good friend, I must confirm that he is not right or was not clearly explaining this point.

If an albino forma appear one day in a P. corsica population, it will be very rare.

I have grown P. grandiflora f. pallida and P. corsica f. pallidula seedlings and don't find "normal" coloured flowers.

I am trying with f. chionopetra to see if I get normal plants of albinos forma again just to see but the answer will be in 2/3 years.